Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sagging k5 doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rwright07, Oct 20, 2005.

1. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

errrr i jsut started to notice that the k5 that i bought in july has doors taht are starting to sag a little bit. its been a daily driver with my brother going with me so the pass. door has had alot of use as well. ive noticed taht the pass. door is worse than the driver door which i thought was odd.
    any advice regarding my dilema would be awesome
    keep in mind a 16 yr old budget
    thanks

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Look in the "help" section at your local auto parts place and get some new hinge pins/bushings. I paid about $10 to do both doors on mine

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

What he said. Plus, you can make them into quick release pins now while you have them off.

4. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

my uncle ran the crap out of my K20 until the body bushings departed! he drove it for years with the cab sagging 3" and never thought twice, well, the doors really took a beating from the cab being tweaked. So, when i put the new bushings in it made the doors not line up right. Check to see that your body bushings are all OK, that could lead to your doors sagging. I've never had a problem with my doors on the '73, and that sees double use everytime I drive it from my brother.