Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sagging rear springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tiger9297, Jul 27, 2004.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

The rear springs on my 1990 K5 sag. A problem with many K5's and subs. I want to lift the truck 4". Should i buy a lift kit w/ new rear springs or try to have these rolled back into shape. What's the best solutiong to this problem?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'd go with either new rear springs or a shackle flip. Trying to have your old springs re-arced will work, but they don't last that long at all. Just my $.02

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

thanks for the reply. if i go with a shackle flip, say 4", and a 4" lift up front the rear springs will still be sagging. should i go with the 1" add a leaf to correct that?

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

If you have the money, get new rear springs and a shackle flip. I suggest BDS for the front 4" springs since they've got the best warranty and the second softest ride IMHO only being outdone by tuff country or a custom spring. Zero rates are a nice, cheap way to lift the sagging rear springs, but do you really want 15 year old springs in the back and new springs up front? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Welcome to CK5 by the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Please go to your "MY HOME" and fill out your profile so we know where you are and what kind of truck/blazer/suburban you own. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Get 4" springs for the front and 2" springs for the rear along with a 2 1/2" shackle flip from ORD.

6. 83k5inthefort

83k5inthefort Registered Member

I don't know why everybody is all about the shackle flip. If you're replacing the rear springs anyway, save yourself the $$ and difficult installation of the shackle flip and just go with some good 4" rear lift springs. Unless you feel like removing and installing frame rivots, a gas tank, etc. For your job, I say, go with the 4" rear springs and use any extra cash on new shocks. And get ready, a 4" lift is gonna make your sled way tougher looking. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You may want too consitter the shackle flip and very small lift springs. I personally prefer the rear too sit alittle higher then the front.