Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sagging rear

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerlingo, Apr 9, 2004.

1. blazerlingo

blazerlingo Newbie

Hi everyone! I just purchased an 87 Blazer and the rear is sagging 3" lower the the front. The front spring pack is the optional "heavy" one for using a snow plow. The actual measurements are 38" front and 35" rear from fender well lip to ground. What kind of springs do I need to install to even things up (3" lift springs would be too much I think because they are 3" greater than new stock springs)? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Also I would like to run 33's on this, so would I also need to do a front lift?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The lift/33" tire thing has been beaten into the ground. Most likely to fit with no lift, and no rubbing issues, no matter what you do, are stock wheels with BFG 33x10.5R15's.

The front and rear fenderwells aren't equal distance from the ground even if the vehicle is level as I recall.

My truck was sagging about 2" in the rear, I bought 2" add-a-leafs, and it came back to almost perfectly level, at least by eyeballing it, which is all that counts.

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Have you considered exercise or cosmetic surgery? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The wheel openings are supposed to be different heights from the ground. Measure to the body line that runs the length of the vehicle. I find that it looks the best to split the difference between these two. That being the case, you may just need a 2" add-a-leaf.

Try jacking up the back of the truck (not the axle) to get it where it looks good and then measure how much you need. A lot of Blazers get saggy butt. It helps the driveline angles, but looks kind of goofy.

4. blazerlingo

blazerlingo Newbie

Thanks guys! Any other advice that you can give a newbie on the road to building a great K5 please let me know. By the way, it is a black Silverado, maroon interior,and 5.7l engine. Very little visable rust on the rocker panels /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't remeber if anyone said this, but if you get 33's, don't worry about a lift, just /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the fenders so they will fit, cheep and easy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

You also realize that the front wheel well is cut higher than the rear?? look at the body lines. I don't doubt it is sagging, mine is also, but with the front wheel well cut the way it is, it just makes it look worse than it really is.