Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sagging Rear

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ptangler, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Ptangler

Ptangler Registered Member

My 72 Jimmy has the stock suspension and I would like to keep it that way. My rear end is sagging and I would like the truck to sit level. I have seen others with the same syndrome. I was wondering what the awnser is. I saw an ad for an outfit called National spring and they have a rear lift kit. Does anyone have experience with them?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

How much is it sagging. I used a 1" block on the rear and leveled out my blazer. It's easier than replacing the leaf spings and cheaper too.

my 2 centavos...

ARQ.

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Like ARQ, I put a set of blocks in the back of my Blazer to level it out. I couldn't find 1" blocks locally, so I used 2" blocks and the thing has a tail-high rake now.

4. Ptangler

Im not familar with this blocking . Is It a block between the leafspring and the rear? Can you fabricate it out of 1" steel? Loosen the u-bolts and slide it in?

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

the block goes in between the leafs and the diff mount. if you look at some lifted trucks aound your area chances are they will have a larger block there. check it out next time you see a lifted truck somewhere in a parking lot or something.

you could fab the block but you will need to add some guides. The top of the block has a hole the bottom has a guide. I think they are like close to 1/2 in diameter.

ARQ.

6. JBOY

JBOY Registered Member

I even saw an inexpensive set while waiting in the check-out line of the local Kragens, they were 1" or 1-1/2" and i thought they were only about $25.00?? they were listed as being used for pickups with added camper weight but if they had them for trucks our era they should go right on your blazer. I thought it had u-bolts & blocks in the kit?

JBOY

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Those are exactly what I got when I got my lift blocks. Cheap-o units from Kragen. At the time, they only had 2" and 4" blocks.

Make sure that whatever blocks you get have a locator pin that will mate with the hole in the spring pad on the rear axle and a corresponding hole in the other end that will mate with the locator pin in the spring. If they don't have the pin and/or hole, don't use them.

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Wy not try add-leafs???????

Become one with nature............Then marinate it..

9. Ptangler

I bought an add a leaf kit today from NAPA. $40 . It has three diffrent positions to set them, has anyone installed these?