Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sagging springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Feb 5, 2003.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

I've got a 77' Chevy 3/4 ton pickup with the passenger side rear spring sagging and sitting lower than the drivers side. My question is the main leaf the one that saggs? I ask this because a friend has 2 leaf packs from a 3/4 Chevy that he has from when he saved the axle, but torched the main leafs to get the axle out. Wondering if I put in the main leaf from my truck into the new spring pack would it still sag or would I have curred the problem? Thanks for your help!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

I'm wondering that too, I've got a 78 K20 3/4 where the passenger rear spring sags about an inch or inch and a half; I've determined it's gotta be the fuel tank that makes it sag...

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. I think you can find a pretty healthy leaf pack at the junkyard that isn't so sloppy for pretty cheap...

3. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Just put the two packs together for more lift. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif