Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sagging TC springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by misfit, Dec 2, 2000.

1. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

installed 4" tc ez ride springs on my 74 last march. now my k5 sits a little lower on the driver side. when you look at both spring packs, the drivers side leaves are "folded" over the spring pad more than the passenger side. also the driver side leaves have more of a gap between the bottom leaf and the other 2 leaves in the pack. has anyone has these probs? got mine from a local les schwab so im probably gnna bitch to get new springs.

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Aren't TC springs supposed to be real soft anyway. I would think that being that spongey that evenually they would start to settle quite a bit, but why one side and not the other sounds like 1 spring was made on a Monday and the other on Friday.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!
    http://"mccordhouse.freeservers.com"

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

AZBLAZER said the same thing happened, with him having a 10K winch. TC has a "heavy duty" spring, wonder what the spring rate is versus the very soft and supple EZ ride? Anyone know? Seems maybe if it isn't too stiff it would be a better choice than the EZ ride (since I have heard about them sagging more than once).

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com