Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saggy arse cure....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cbbr, Sep 5, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Kert (www.DIY4X.com) made these for me. THere was a shipping mix up so I endd up with 2 pair for a night. He shipped theright ones without worrying about the old ones which wasvery cool and keeps me on track.

Anyway - pics of the regular and + 1 1/2 or so inches for my 14bff to compensate for the 60 swap and new front springs. The pics are not great, they look much better than the pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

look a little lopsided to me....matter of fact to be honest I'm not too impressed. the flatbar overlaps on one and not the other, the welds are half ground and the one on the left didn't get welded all the way... I wouldn't be suprised if you end up with a big split in it eventually. I understand sometimes you grind a little to keep strength... understandable but I would be concerned about the one that didn't get welded all the way.

Sorry... didn't mean to burst your bubble man.

3. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

:deal: Anyway - pics of the regular and + 1 1/2 or so inches for my 14bff to compensate for the 60 swap and new front springs. The pics are not great, they look much better than the pics -

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

man, if I ever get the elusive 60 front, since it has higher spring perches, I'll definitely get one of those for my rear so I'll match... :bow:

5. beastofablaze

Must be one tricky camera to erase part of a weld:rolleyes: and change the overlap of the FB:rolleyes:

6. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I don't think the picture is of the complete set of brackets.. I think its comparing a stock height bracket to a lift bracket :crazy:

7. beastofablaze

I dunno... I'm not trying to be a d*ck, just callin em like I see and I know If I did that at work they would tell me to fix it.

8. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

Thats what I got out of it

9. beastofablaze

I see what you mean...lemme put the crack pipe down... ahhh yes its coming back to me now:eek1:

What did you pay for those if you don't mind me asking? Might consider a little off the payroll overtime at work... I have all the means, skills, and tools, just haven't really put much thought into that kind of stuff.

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's it. One regular, one lift.

Like I said, they look better than the pics show - just a couple of quick shots on the shop floor. It may also be worth mentioning that they are weld on perches, not finished, polished, powder coated..... which is probably the DIY part of the whole "DIY4X" name.

11. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I have these also and am very happy and impressed with them. Just looking at them and holding them you know they aint gonna be a problem.

I went with stock height ones because if i lower the truck i can just take out the zero rate instead of cutting perches off.

I also like how they have 3 center pin holes for offsets.

http://diy4x.com/suspension.htm

12. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I misread it............:rolleyes:
    I thought you had a "soggy arse" cure:haha: ...........Louisana is known for the soggy arse..............at least mine used to git that a'way a lot. :wink1:

13. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice. I did something previous to that in the past, well I didn't personally but a "parts guy" in SC did it for me. Allowed me to lose the zero rate in the rear for added height. I like the way those are built, however, from my experiences, I will always make them beefier from here on out.