Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saggy rear.......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Jul 5, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i've got a 4' rough country susp lift on my 84k5. my q is, it sags in the rear about a 1/4 inch. i have blocks in the rear and the original springs. should i put add a leafs in to cure it? one day i'll put new4' rear springs in, but for now, should the adds do? i'm the only one who can notice the sag, but i don't like it, and i want to cure it.
    thanks....Kelboski

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Come on, are you saying you want to fix one quarter of an inch??

If your front springs are new, they will level with time. Just be patient.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I bet its more than a quarter of an inch and your front springs will never settle that much. Most all Blazers sag in the back after a lift...unless you do it right. The way I was able to get my Blazer to sit level was to lift it 2.75 inches in the front and 4 inches in the back. It has a pefect stance now.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I put an add-a-leaf in the back of mine. I didn't notice any ride difference, it rode like a truck before, and rides like one now. Gave me about an inch to an inch and a half of lift. Easy to do and didn't cost much.

Kyle
    89K5

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I agree with the doit right the first time theory.
    I too had originally gone with rear blocks and it cost me a new/rebuilt 12bolt with an Auburn Pro posi unit and only 2000 miles on it[​IMG]
    I was out wheeling and I had wheel hop (axel wrap) issues that I chose to egnore and while clinbing the same hill I had been up before is again hoped in the back then POW the rear drive shat hit the bottom of the floorboard and my new/rebuilt 12 bolt was TWISTED and granaded...DEAD!!
    Had I NOT used blocks and gotten spring packs and done it the RIGHT way I most likley would still have that 12bolt.
    Ofcoarse I now have a Dana60 and superlift 5 1/2" rear packs and my rig sits leval with the hard top on and just a bit higher in the back when topless (I kinda like the looks of it "stinkbuging" just a bit anyway[​IMG]).
    Save your money and DOIT!!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Am I the only one who noticed he has a 4 foot lift [​IMG]

89 K5 Silverado

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I noticed that to...maybe he meant that it was sagging a 1/4 of a foot...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

HAHAHAA[​IMG]
    I did miss that one!!
    Too funny that would be one heluv a drive line angle LOL>>>

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If you want to fix it for really cheap go to the hardware store and det some Echo edger blades. They are about the size of a lift block but like 1/8th of an inch tall. stack them on top of each other and it should level them out. You could even put them between some of the springs to make the ride a little better. I use these things for everything-even to hold my spare tire on. they are like 1 buck each. Actually you can ge them for free if you take one off your edger. Now a bunch of people are going to post something about stacking blocks...