Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saggy rear

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mastiff, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do Blazers actually tend to sit with the rear lower than the front, or is it an optical illusion because the front fenderwell is bigger? I've seen this on my 83, plus other Blazers with brand new lift kits. I'm leaning toward the illusion explanation, but it's still annoying anyway. I wouldn't mind having it sit a little higher in back anyway, so it would have some room to sag when loaded.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

the top adds a bit of weight and generally makes them sag.. you can toss in a zero rate or small cut down leaf spring like a block to make it a little more even...

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

why the saggy butt look is cool! my sub sags about 1" and wen i get back to vegas for another round of mods next year its gonna sag more wen im done, about 8" of lift on the front and 5-6" on the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

only reason muddysub's is gonna sit higher up front is because hes gonna pull the motor to add some clear wire looms while the 700r4 is out of it... lol

5. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

don't forget the gas tank sits well behind the rear axle. I currently have my gas tank, top, and tailgate off and my rear sits a good 4" higher than the front.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    only reason muddysub's is gonna sit higher up front is because hes gonna pull the motor to add some clear wire looms while the 700r4 is out of it... lol

[/ QUOTE ] the 700r4 isnt in my sub, hell no. its got a th400 which i love. the motor does need to be yanked though, once i move back to vegas next fall that'll happen. oh and i'll get some clear tail lights too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Why not just sell your Sub and buy a pre-runner if that's the look you're going for??? Saggy butt looks STOOPID IMHO, buy hey, I'm an old-timer, and all these young-uns like the saggy-aced look....To each his own I guess...

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I doubt the K5's came stock with a saggy rear, but it's the fact that the rear springs aren't designed to carry a lot of weight, the gas tank is behind the axle, and it's huge/heavy. So thats why they end up sagging so much. (as do the Suburbans)

But...if you look closely at the trucks (measure) the front wheel well opening is a different shape (higher than the rear) and the body line isn't parallel to the ground for it's whole length. So that can screw up your perception of the truck as well.