Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saguaro Lake/Butcher Jones question..

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by K5Glazier, Mar 30, 2007.

1. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Going to Saguaro Lake thru Butcher Jones Easter weekend. Ther will be a couple of 2wd trucks going along. Anyone know if the 2wd trucks can get to the 4th cove of the lake without any difficulty?
    Thanks in advance,
    Joe

2. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the fourth cove (never been there), but my friend made it back to the second cove in a 2wd prerunner tacoma. He has pretty good ground clearance for stock and still bottomed out a couple times. I think I only had to tow him up a couple of hills. Make sure they let some air out of their tires to help with traction, it helped my buddy alot. Hope this helps to answer your question:D

3. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

The answer is no.. The 1st and second coves are a dirt road. The 4th requires a front axle & the 5th requires two lockers.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Actually just two stupid white boys who didn't know anyone yet , a gov loc , and some beer . Easy :D

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

actually, the last time i was out there,,,which was quite awhile ago,,,the i believe it's the first cove, is not too bad GETTING to, it's getting back OUT of the cove that is the main issue, the hills were getting pretty tore up and weathered for a 2wd to have a chance at it anymore.

Personally i wouldn't go out there with a 2wd until you get out there with 4wd and check out the situation.

or take some good tow straps:D

6. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys. We'll definetly have tow straps, but we'll see if they have the webbos.
    JOE

7. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I go to the first cove every day, I'm kinda in a financial situation so I'm sleeping out there for a while. Never been to any of the other coves yet....I can make it in and out in 2wd... it's the ground clearance you need to clear those chewed up trails up and down the hills.