Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sales Brochures web page

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dremu, Mar 21, 2000.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Working on a little side project of Blazer and Blazer-related sales brochures. Check out

http://www.slosh.com/cars/brochures/

And lemme know what you think. Coupla caveats:

At the moment it's mostly 73-75 Blazers, my faves, and 76-77 Chalets, my second fave ;-), with the occasional Burb (third fave ;-)

Also, the thumbnails are on the outfit that hosts Slosh.com, but the pictures themselves come from my webserver at home via cablemodem, so they're a little slower and might 404 you if the cablemodem goes down ;-(

Let me know what you think, how it works for you, etc.?

If it works for you and you like it, I'll petition AZBlazer to send me his collection of 76-91 stuff, and I'll scan them and put them up as well. ;-)

If you have anything to say, especially if you have problems ;-( post here or shoot me an email.

Thanks!

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Very Cool!!
    Nice work on the scanning!!
    Hey if you get 72K5 let me know, I,m trying to find out
    what the stock dark green color used in 72 is!!
    Like the Glenwood Green used 73-75. If you have the info let me know what its called. Thanks
    Burt4x4
    72K5/Blazer

Rock ON!

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Very nice!

Steve

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve Burt

The '72 Blazer brochure is on Wulf's site, I think. Pretty sure the dark green color in '72 is the same as my '70, it is called Dark Olive Green.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Hey Steve Burt

Ya I saw that but can't make out what it says[​IMG]
    I'll check it again.
    Thanks
    Burt4x4

Rock ON!

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I like dude.
    I got a 75' K5. Got that brochure too. If you need pics of anything I can send them to you, since I just got a scanner.
    Boss

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Man that is a killer information site! Do you have anything for a 78? I bought my Blazer from the original owners so I got the window sticker, all the tags that were on items showing new features, Delco Battery info, Manual, service reciepts.

I like this ad the most:
    [​IMG]

Its cool how they showed it flex - and the people look like a GAP commercial. Their clothes are in style now. [​IMG]
    My 78 came with one of those Uniroyal tires on a white wagon wheel for a spare. It is Brand New with 78 air in the tire!!! I have never seen one till I saw this ad.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

8. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Very cool ad Mudzer !!

Nice to see an ad showing what the truck can do, instead of the nuevo-ads showing SVU's going 80mph and locking their brakes while fishtailing on asphalt! Or racing a land-speed car (ya know..."hey you forgot your wallet on top...")

There is a large antique store in Scottsdale that has tons of ads from magazines. I'll hit that place this week and see what K5 stuff I can find. They only want like .50 - 1.00 usually for single pages from old magazines...

(Especially like that red Blazer towing the pop-up-camper over those rocks!.)

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

9. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

AWESOME! It's bookmarked! Hey, AZBlazer, help your bretheren out with some 76-91 stuff.

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

10. dremu

Wow, err, thanks for the kind words everybody. I gotta hedge and say that I posted everything I have Blazer-wise (ie I did skip some Vega pages but didn't skip any truck stuff), so if it ain't posted, I don't have it.

I'm always scanning Ebay for that kinda stuff, and when I get the details worked out with Doug I'll have a bunch more stuff too. That and I'm hoping to get some color pix of the Elusive Lesser Spotted GMC Jimmy Casa Grande, LOL, which we've only ever seen bad black & white pix of. ;-)

Or if any of y'all have entire brochures scanned (I prefer that to onesies and twosies of pages) ... or my personal fave, vintage magazine ads, love those .,.. shoot me a note and we'll make arrangements for you to send me the scanned versions, or heck, I got scanners, I can scan em and snailmail em back to ya. I'm flexible, and with this cablemodem thing got disk space to burn ;-)

-- A

'77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well AZBLAZER was just informed that he has to switch schedules and be back to work at 8am till friday...nothin worse than workin till midnight and havin to drag butt to get back up!!! Plus my steering column arrived for the 79 today..just waitin on a care package from Steve over at ORD so the 79 will once again terrorize the streets of Phx again..lol. So little time and much to do....i'll pull out everything i have this weekend and get it to Aaron for the pages o K5's!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

12. dremu

Chuckle. Kee-rection: At AZBlazer's convenience (and that of his boss!) I'll be scanning more material and posting it ;-).

Doug, it could be a lot worse -- when the boss says "don't come in, we don't need you today" and your paycheck dwindles to the size of a sparkplug ;-( ... been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.

-- A

'77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...