Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

salesco.com seatbelts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater74, Oct 1, 2001.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

has anybody had any expirence with these salesco.com three piont belts. my 74 only came with lap belts so i pulled some belts from my old toyota pick up, and after several years the passenger side belt seems kinda if'e (locks somtimes and somtimes it doesn't). the wife is insisting i buy NEW belts and i can't argue with that. anyways i guess my piont is are these good belts, or do you have any other reccomendations.

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I tried to use the SalesCo belt but it did not work properly. This is not to say they were bad, just the one I purchased did not work properly. They accepted them back and promptly refunded my money. I have heard of other members having good results. I think the truth be known, there may be only one or two manufacturers of AM seatbelts because SalesCo and JCWhitney look identical.

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I run Salesco belts front and rear, put them in when I did my interior resto 2+ years ago. The rear are purely lap belts, not retractable - which was fine for me. The front are factory replacements - don't have any part numbers - and I am very happy with them. One problem - it took three separate attempts to get the right 'female' part - the part that mounts to the floor inside a stiff plastic sheath to accept the belt and shoulder male part. The floor mounted part I ended up using for my truck was the 12" sheathed version. This may differ for your trucks - mine was fine because the Flofit seats drop down in that area. So if you do order, be veryyyyyyyy clear on what you want, then check them again.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>