Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Salt river tube trip info

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Aug 11, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

My son and some of his friends are wanting to go before school starts back. I've never been and have no idea what to tell him.

Where do they go? Directions?

What do they need? Their own tubes? Someone (or a vehicle) at the "out" end? Clearly snacks and a cooler plus sunblock are in order...

Anyone think that a group of 16 year olds would be ok on this alone? I don't... He disagrees /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'm thinking 1 or more adults should be enough for a 8-10 kids...

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

...just my tilted opinion /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    My son and some of his friends are wanting to go before school starts back. I've never been and have no idea what to tell him.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif sixteen huh.... just old enuf... but not old enuf.. if you know what I mean!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go Superstition to Power Road and head North. Can't miss it.

[ QUOTE ]
    What do they need? Their own tubes? Someone (or a vehicle) at the "out" end?

[/ QUOTE ]
    They can get a ride and a tube a "Salt River Recreation" - but it's like $12 a head. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... If they bring their own tubes and leave 1 car at the bottom and take another to the top then their wallet will be heavier at the end. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Maybe Supersize75 (Shawn) would rent out his tube collection.

[ QUOTE ]
    Clearly snacks and a cooler plus sunblock are in order...

[/ QUOTE ] Cold drinks and sunblock fer shure, dude! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone think that a group of 16 year olds would be ok on this alone? I don't... He disagrees /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'm thinking 1 or more adults should be enough for a 8-10 kids...

[/ QUOTE ]

How should I say this... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    ...no friggin way!
    I'd suggest at least 4 adults (not me... rather not go again...) for a group of 16'ers.

Marv

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, that was pretty much my take on it. Guess I'm not going to be very popular with my son or his friends right now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif They are a pretty good bunch as far as what I've seen of most kids their age. I think 2 adults could handle any "issues" that may arise. I just don't want to be one of them... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

They are also considering Castles-n-Coasters.

Thanks for the info...

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...just my tilted opinion /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    yadda yadda yadda, i live in a house with two teen age daughters and have a son of my own, yadda yadda yadda....

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif sixteen huh.... just old enuf... but not old enuf.. if you know what I mean!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go Superstition to Power Road and head North. Can't miss it.

[ QUOTE ]
    What do they need? Their own tubes? Someone (or a vehicle) at the "out" end?

[/ QUOTE ]
    They can get a ride and a tube a "Salt River Recreation" - but it's like $12 a head. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... If they bring their own tubes and leave 1 car at the bottom and take another to the top then their wallet will be heavier at the end. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Maybe Supersize75 (Shawn) would rent out his tube collection.

[ QUOTE ]
    Clearly snacks and a cooler plus sunblock are in order...

[/ QUOTE ] Cold drinks and sunblock fer shure, dude! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    yadda yadda yadda, i live in a house with two teen age daughters and have a son of my own, yadda yadda yadda....

[/ QUOTE ]

How should I say this... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    ...no friggin way!
    I'd suggest at least 4 adults (not me... rather not go again...) for a group of 16'ers.

Marv

[/ QUOTE ]

well, in all fun and honesty, i do fully agree with amrv on all things. well, all but one. ill go with them. but that may as well end up as one more "16" year old. why not have them get together weith the upcomming one that we might be doing with CK5 AZ chapter? i think it is going memorial day weekend... then you can get your casper looking self out there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

oh, and marv, i fully understand where you are comming from. i would be the same even without the last trips drink related a$$hole's. i am almost half tempted to hang out at your place for 4 days that i get off and help ya put the fun buggy back together /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but thats your call and my wifes. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Grant