Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

salt to promote healing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 3, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my nipple is submerged in salt water right now. anyone know how salt promotes healing? does it just kill bacteria or something? i got my other nipple pierced and figured i'd try the sea salt soak so maybe this one will actually heal.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It hurts like hell is all I know

One day at work I slahed myself up good. Good time to test the "Rubbing salt in old wounds" saying. It hurts.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

this doesn't hurt at all. 3 Tablespoons of sea salt in 1 gallon. Pour it into a cup as I need and soak my nipple for 5 minutes, rinse well(in nipple) and leave alone. Suppossed to cut the healing time from the usual 3-9 months to 2-4. I'll try it, after the last one didn't heal up well enough to stop bleeding every once in a while after 3 months. Puting the salt in the gallon container hurt a little. Have an open cut on my right index finger.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Maybe it preserves the open flesh and helps it heal

I didn't use a solution, I just used salt

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

what i want to know is how your soaking it? what are you laying on your belly with your nip stuck in a cup? ;)

6. Resurrection_Joe

He had the cup duct taped to his chest

7. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Don't know but like that ocean nasal spray regular or more often when you feel like going to get a cold. The salt water just works. Ask a wise old grandmother and see what she says (if you have one around). Pa's ma was part indian and knew what to use around the house for all that.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Put some sugar on it....

I've read sugar put on wounds helps them heal faster--I've used that Neosporin stuff and it does seem to speed up the healing process a bit.. :crazy:

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

salt makes stuff serle, like saline solution(just salt)

i had the nail ripped off my big toe the other week, and i would soke it in a ton of sea salt, doesent really hurt but i dont really feel pain.

works good. :waytogo:

oh sled just pout it in there lots of slt wont do any wrong.

and rj try lemon juice vinager and salt rubed deap in there, did that on a bet, it tickels a bit!

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I did. I put in what they said and dipped my finger in, didn't taste the salt so I just poured the rest of the container in.

Neosporin is great for cuts and such but for piercings it tries to close up around the piercing then and actually takes longer to heal.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

right and you need it to heal through the hole leaveing it open eh?

it wrked good for me, i would soke my toe when the nail was still somewhat on , and not that it is off, the nail bed is a little hard and dryed out. Nice that i have to work all day!

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Dunno why... but it does.
    When I was in Marine Combat Training right after boot camp, we had a "little" 15-mile nature walk to come back from a field exercise, that turned into a 25-mile agony-a-thon (thanks for the wrong turn, LT! :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: ). We walked for 50min and rested for 10min for nearly 12 hours , and got back in to Camp Geiger around 0300. My feet were tore up pretty bad after that (open blisters on top of still-closed blisters), but the morning we got in from the hike was the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and MWR had set-up buses for us to go to Onslow Beach. Well, we all wanted to go get tanked on the beach and leer at the colonels' and generals' daughters, so we put our shoes on (agony) and hobbled out to the buses (more agony) and went to the beach at 1000. That ocean water hurt like a MFer, but in 2 days my feet were healed up. Couldn't believe it...

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah there is a couple I was reading an article about tonight that did a serious body modification to show their love. They are doing nothing to care for it other than to generally keep it clean and to swim in the ocean daily.

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

what was the modification?

15. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I see that all the time whenever I go to the beach. Clears up poison ivy pretty good too. My girlfriend has some psoriosis on her scalp that itches like hell. After spending a week in the Carribbean where she was in the water every day it was pretty much cleared up for a few weeks. The ocean works wonders for wounds....

16. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

And it burns burns burns...

I'm going to try the salt treatment--got a nice burn on my arm yesterday when a molten bolt went down my sleeve after torching it off---OOWWCCHHH! :weld: :yikes: :angry1: --burns suck--they hurt for weeks,and heal slower than molasses,and get infected easy too--hope salting it will speed up the healing process... :(

17. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Back when I played football, my whole body would ache for days after a game(mostly because I was just stupid with the things I use to try), until my grandpa told me to take a salt bath after every game. After I started taking salt baths I'd be a little sore the next morning for practice but by late afternoon I'd be right as rain. :waytogo: Salt is awesome.

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

They both had their left ring finger tip removed. Just the first knuckle on. Actually, they used tourniquets and BIT each others off. Thats love or something like it. They say at their 10 year anniversary they will go one more knuckle, and so on until they just have no ring finger on that hand.

19. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    My hands are cracked and bleed from the winter and dryness in Colorado so I'm heading to the USVI to soak in some salt water. It works for me, you should try it.

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

if your serious that is DUMB as hell.what a couple of dopes. :haha: :haha: :haha: what are they ZOMBIES??? let me bite your brains.AAAAAAAA :D :laugh: :laugh: to funny :p: