Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

same problem after changing parts...stumbling, missing...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

No ECM, no smog devices, etc... just a SBC engine. Timing is 4 degrees. Changed the plug wires, cap, rotor, new plugs and the fuel filter. Hooked up a vacuum gauge and the readings are fine, no fluctuation with the needle readings, just a steady reading even when I raise the RPM's. Ideas?
    Stumbling in 2nd and 3rd gear when I take off or step on it.
    It smooths out once I get going. I can't think of any reason. Bad wires even though they are new?? Thanks!

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

4 degrees?? is your vacuum advance ported or continous?

3. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Ported. Only vacuum at idle.

4. 79blzrfan

79blzrfan Registered Member

Here's a couple of thoughts, Check that the advance weights on the distributor are free and the springs aren't broken or binding. Check the accelerator pump on the carberator to make sure that it's not sticking in the bore or the rubber bushing is torn. One other thing you might want to check is if theres anything in the float bowl. I had an 81 that had some water in the tank and it would idle ok but stumbled and spit when I got on it. Hope this helps just my 2 Cents /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif