Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SAME STORY DIFFERENT PERSON RIPPED OFF BY CK5R

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brians 60s, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I am giving no name and being vague for now... here is the story. I had traded parts and money to a member for there parts. the parts that I was supposed to get were found by the seller to be damaged, he informed me and I said no problem, just send me my part and money back. The part came but not the money. Supposedly it was sent at the same time, but in a different package, which was a month ago. I know the mail has been slow, but I never got it. 2 weeks ago a second check was supposably sent and I still have not got it. This person is well liked and respected by all of ck5 which is why I don't understand what the problem is. I said if you don't have the money I can understand, but please tell me the truth. I have not heard back since which was a couple days ago. I am not giving any names and don't want to hurt anyones reputation here, I just think it's not cool to burn people, especially here. It is not the money issue here to me as much as the principle. If you don't have the money, just say so and let me know when you do... I have never had this many problems with "lost mail" in my life, and I am not talking about just since 9-11. Has anyone else had a lot of problems with "lost mail" from ck5rs that you never recieved?

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sorry to hear it Brian...I for one appreciate that you are not naming the other party yet. Sometimes there are legitimate excuses. At the very least there has been a breakdown in communication. Let's hope this reminder is all that's necessary for the other member to complete the deal.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I sent a check to BabyBlue once and he never got it... so I sent him another one and he got that a few days later. There's no way to have all that stuff got lost of that slow unless the sender never sent it..... which it sounds like. Hopefully this person just made a mistake and will realize it and fix the problem..... if not then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do and post their name....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

4. Brians 60s

Thanks Rene and Steph. I have no intentions on giving this persons name, I just needed to vent and want this person to be accountable.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Steph and I had problems with the post office- I think the guy doing the placeing on the truck, had a blazer and kept my window (LOL) But who knows- anyway- She sent me another, and it took quite awhile, but its here, mail is slow, but I can't see TWO seperate envelopes/packages, from the same shipper to the same address getting lost, just seems weird......

--Brandy

IF ONLY THE 3 YEAR OLD COULD TURN A WRENCH
    1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear 12 bolt dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305-

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You would be surprised. I got some stuff from Waxer in the spring. First check I sent never did arive. the second check took 7 days to get there. He was telling me how the mail has lost his rent check and other bill payments.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I had it happen twice. Make double sure he has your proper address, maybe he transposed numbers or something. One time it happened to me, that was the problem. The other time could have been the same problem, but I still haven't seen my money. Funny thing is, he lives within 60 miles but I think I just got burned on that one. CK5 members. Mistakes do happen, but it's hard not to assume the worst. LUck to you!

Bryan

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

8. J.R.

J.R. Guest

you need to tell people you are doing business with to have the post office give the letter a tracking number. this is only a buck or two at the most and saves a lot of headaches. if the person isnt willing to do this then they arent being honest about something with you.

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have a money order in the mail now that has not turned up. I bought some parts off of 55 Willy and he sent the parts and I sent a money order and he never got it so I sent another one priorty and that was even late getting to him but he did get it.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Stories like these are why I always use PayPal instead of snail mail.

89 K5 Silverado, 4", 33's, 3/4 ton axles
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

That's right I completely forgot about that. Yeah the dummies lost the first window frame I sent Brandy.... then the second one I sent took forever because I sent it from work. The mail room which is slow to begin with sent it out I swear in route to China first! Then with 9/11 it took forever!! So maybe you will get it Brian later on.... considering the USPS is great at bad service anything is possible....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

12. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

If you want the person to be accountable, you should post their name. If they are screwing you, why would you want to protect them so they can screw somebody else?

I understand you are trying to "do the right thing" and "not jump to conclusions" , and that is admirable, BUT...chances are, this person is screwing you, and the other members should know who it is so they don't get burned by the same guy.

JMVHO, even though it probably doesn't count for much.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Yup tracking numbers and then the deal where when someone recieves a letter(check) that it needs to be signed for. I have 1 problem here... one on eBay and one in person so right now so even the word of it kinda tweaks my gizzard([​IMG]???). Contact gets to be the main issue. If something goes wrong or something unexpected comes up let the other party know. Seems like Brian as well as many other members have been very nice at accepting some money to hold an item and then when paid in full will ship the item out. I'm sorry Brian... I know how it goes and I really hope this coaxes some kind of action from the other party. Good luck.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

14. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

not related to parts but my wife has sent out 2 checks with in the past three months to a creditor and they have never recieved either! I am sick and tired of the USPS and their methods! I try hard to pay all my bills on the phone or online these days because of the USPS, but sometimes a creditor isnt equiped to accept payment that way. The way I see it before to long it will be too expensive to mail anything via USPS because they hike their rates and then loose more biz to the rate hike then hike them again. Geez people will never learn! Sorry about my rant!
    I hope your issue is resolved in a timely and proffessional manner Brian. I hope this person is responsible and does the right thing!
    Justin

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I mailed out two magazine subscription checks and a month later I got a second notice saying my subscription was going to end? I hope the company got them[​IMG]
    As for the deal with Wayne, It should of been 8 days max for the mail to get here and ithe first one never did...but he sent a new one out Priority mail and even that one took I think 2 days longer to get here then what it was surpose to take. I'm hoping the first one shows up so that we can get him his money back on it.

Also I try to ship the part the same time they ship the money, if you trust them enough to send the money you might as well send them the part. I guess it is just like anything else....buyer beware.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

16. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You better watch it. I won't post how, (feel dumb saying that) but it is extremely easy for someone to screw you if you send them money via Paypal. Ebay is the same way. Each is easy as sin for teh seller to take the money, not give you your product, and disappear. Believe me, even if they know who the person is, you won't get your money back.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

17. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the bad dealings but like they already said you do what you have to.I just got a package that I bought off e-bay post marked for the 6th of june and I got it on sat the 10th of november (did we go to the pony express and I am the last one to know) Well it also had a stamp that said found in thought to be empty equipmet. What's that s+++ about.?????????????

18. Brians 60s

This person came clean and admitted not sending the second check. He said money is tight... you all know the story. I will post when he does send me my money back. thanks for all the support guys/gals....Brian

19. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Thats right but in order to use paypal you must have your credit card set up with paypal. And in the event the person does not decide to send the product there are ways to get your money back through PayPal. Not sure exactly how but people have told me there is a way that PayPal handles it. But anytime you do anykind of transaction with someone when you are not present there is always a risk.

89 K5 Silverado, 4", 33's, 3/4 ton axles
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

20. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I will say I have problems with the mail system. I once got all of my mail back saying that there were no known addresses. Now think...one to Discover, one to MBNA, Illinois Power, Ameritech, Water company...ALL to different addresses and ALL came back that way and on the same day. Had to make some phone calls and find out WTF happened. The post office didn't have a clue of what happened. I also live in an apartment complex and since our boxes aren't locked anyone can go up and search and take what they want!! I have had months and get no mail!!
    So yes there are fuct up things with the USPS, but there are also fuct up people too!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!