Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sam's Club membership opinionns ???????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sam\'s Club membership opinionns ???????

Does anyone have a Sam's Club membership ???? Is it worth it ??? I've been thinking about getting a membership, but would I save that much to make it worth it ???? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Re: Sam\'s Club membership opinionns ???????

The phone card alone is 4 1/2 cents per minute and true time. They don't take a connection fee. If you talk 3 minutes, then 3 minutes is deducted, not 10 like alot of other cards. Now, if you use it at a public phone then you can't get away with it. I have used this card for my long distance and don't have long distance with the phone company.

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

like any wharehouse, it is worth it if you buy in bulk, but im going to go to costco this year since they now sell cheaper gas here! just watch thier billing if you also get a sams credit card cuz they keep taking our $$ then also putting it on our card /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifthen you know, gotta sit on the phone and fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I used to be a member and it's just like uglychevy said, if you want to buy a 1/4 ton of pizza rolls once a month it is a good deal but if you don't it is a waste of time IMHO

5. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Good to know that about Sam's Club because I don't have a membership--the calling card was given to me as a gift. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've never stepped foot inside that store.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sorry there's just something about it thats keeping me from PAYING for a membership to LET me shop there? If you want my business fine, it you dont there are other places to shop. Try a GFS (gordans food service) if your wanting food discounts. Other wise you can get the same prices on the other stuff by shopping around a little and by the time you drive to a 1/2doz places it was first place that would have been cheapest /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    If all else fells call around for prices, seems whenever I'm standing in line at the store there's always a phone call with guy wanting a price and for reason me standing there with cash in hand is not as good as the guy on the phone shopping around /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Sorry I'm finished ranting now, you can have your soap box back /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    J

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Reason I asked is couse I was looking on line at thier website and seen a 36" TV I'd like to have. Price isn't bad, only $700.00 for it. Just didn't know if I could find it simulairly priced other places. Be nice to have a 36" TV in the living room, so I can put the 27" TV in the bedroom.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i bought a 36 inch JVC which is my favorite brand... i worked selling electronics for a while and learned a lot about brands and i personally think JVC has the best picture clarity... anyway, we got this $750 TV for $675 because there was a 10% off if you apply for a sears card, so i didn't care and just applied and saved $75 dollars on an awesome tv

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

well i've never seen an black and white mono 36 inch tv.. have you??? j/k. but ours dosen't have PIP

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just added link via edit

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah I'm a member of Sam's club and Costco. Sometime great deals to be had. Decent big floor jacks for cheap, Good prices on food etc. If your a family you can easily save the membership fee in a couple trips. No all the stuff has to be bought in bulk but you are usualy picking up a little bigger than the normal sized stuff you see in the local store. Soup for exaple is often in can double the size of the cans you would buy in the local store. If you a family then no big deal because it would tak two can's any way.
    Costo has awasome prices on tires. $147 for a BFG 35 inch MOUNTED BALLANCED AND ROAD HAZARD. NTB is $200 for the same thing. Costco is closer to me so I tend to shop there more. Run into deals like Docker Kakies for $20. Bought a very nice leather trench coat for the wife for $85 and saw the identical coat at the mall for $170. 1 hour photo for $8 with double prints. Bought my last TV there for $399 for a 27 inch Panasonic, same TV at Circuit city was $430.
    My problem is I can't walk out of the place without spend $200 so I only go once a month or less /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I have had my membership for years..... I think at least 6 maybe 7. I like it a lot. I easily save more then my membership cost. I bought a futon there this spring for $450 and the exact same one at the Futon Shop here in town was $700.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif so that alone made it worth my time... oh yeah they have a good tire center too which is a nice thing! They will order larger sizes and different ones then in stock for you,. They also sell tools (got my power washer there), books, sporting equipment, clothes, eletronics and furniture. My friend over the summer got some leather sofas which are very nice! I like it better then Costco out of the lines to check out are shorter. I always had to wait 20-30 minutes in fricken line there which was insane and pissed me off royally. I even get free membership there (cousin is the bakery manager and I never shop there due to the lines)...

14. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

How much is a Sam's Club membership?

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I think it's $35 a year? Maybe $40...? (I have it set up where it automatically renews and when I go through the check out it adds into my bill that trip when it expires. I buy a lot of crap so I dunno exactly what it was this year) You get yourself and a spouse card (can be anyone not just your spouse). If you have others then it's like $10 per extra person. Kinda cool if you have a friend then you two split the cost in half like my friend and I used to do before she moved out of state...

16. Blazer1970

Thanks, Steph /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I would save that on dog food alone, plus I love to buy in bulk.

17. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

All I have to say is that free sample sundays make it all worth while.

I can easily eat $30-$40 in free samples a week.

18. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

999 posts!! post one more, the 1000 ALWAYS has to be a pad from what i've seen around here! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Blazer1970

Oh, I never pay any attention to post counts.

Paaaaaaaaaaad first and last pad post

20. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i dont know bout where you guys are but our sams has CHEAP GAS___ie. $.10 CHEAPER than the cheapest gas place----