Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

san antonio truck question....

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by tweek, Oct 27, 2003.

1. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifmy brother is at lackland air force base and just bought a k5 with 15" of lift /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and 44's,in pics truck looks real good, but since he sometimes leaps before looking, and i'm his older brother i'm looking out for him......any info on this truck would be appreciated.....1985, and all black......thanks i'm glad he's now has the sickness and no longer into ricers, but this is a leap.....thanks again...

2. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifi forgot he joins the ck5 at the end of the week, so he'll be looking to hook up with some of you guys......thanks again for any info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

No quite sure what your questions is here. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If your asking if he bought a heep or if the 44s will hold up or the 15" lift is too much. You need to give more specs and maybe some pics of the drivetrain as well. How much did he pay for it as well??

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

more info would be nice. it's all going to depend on how it was built. do you have some pics that we can look at??
    i'd like to see it in person though.

5. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

sorry, i guess i phrased my question poorly.....i know the truck has 1/2 ton axles and i know they won't last long with those tires, but i was wondering if any of you already knew about this truck or its history.....the guy he bought off told him the motor was 30 over, and the trans was worked....i'm always sceptical.....especially from 1700 miles away..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifthanks for your input......i'll try to post some pictures today sometime........