Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SAN DIEGO COUNTY - ATTENTION!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Jun 4, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'd like to get a roll call of CK5 folks in San Diego County who would be interested in a monthly run in our local mountains and deserts. I'll count you too KANDYHAMANIC and ARQ, your close enough. I know a bunch of you run solo with other groups as well so post in and perhaps we can coordinate on some of the runs to get more local Full Size trucks involved. The San Diego Four Wheelers have a 104" wheel base limit and the K5 hits 106.5". They do make exceptions but still run mostly jeeps on soley jeep trails which equals full size carnage (like 1 way's squeeze). Chime in, lets get organized with some Full Size runs!

2. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I'm in!! I am in Imperial County.. El Centro (El Sweato).. only an Hour away.. let me know..

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hey great, Andy and Arq are right there with you so we'll definately have some runs down below the salton sea in that alkaline rich mud. As a matter of fact, heres a clip of us making a night run down in El Centro about 6 months ago. What a night! I blew my tranny.

http://www.echobit.com/video/andy-mud.wmv

That clip makes me laugh every time, can you hear which ones are brothers? Hahah
    I gained a new respect for Andy trying that!!! He made it recently but I wasn't there /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Pitch me a PM with your email and I'll get a list going rcpilot, good to have you aboard!

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I stay in Spring Valley and both my roomates are members of the San Diego 4Wheelers. Yes they have a "wheel base limit" but it isnt enforced. My roomate has a K10 and is in the club so if he can make it I could as well. I just dont have the time to make the 3 meetings and 3 runs within 6 months.

anyways I'd be up for a run.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I had a feeling thats the way things were, its good to hear from someone who knows though. I'll add you in. I was reading your profile... you and I have a lot in common with our interests and the merging of such. I'll add you to the lists, I'm getting quite a bit of feedback from local CK5 people who'd like to join in.

6. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

im in san diego county. Id love to make local trips when my truck is on the road (few more months) I also have some friends locally (blazer and pickup) that would be interested (when THEIR sh!t is on the road too)....

ocotillo wells and los coyotes (havent been there yet) are definately favorable and Ill almost definately go on those trips as ocotillo/glamis are basically my only two places to really offroad. Im open to going to new places though. Just not mud /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

but anyways the main reason i dont participate more is because everything is so far away and trying to find a free weekend to do this stuff aint easy

but keep me in mind i guess.

mike

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Cool Mike, I was hoping you'd jump in. The So Cal Big Dawgs are a great group to run with but the runs are quite a distance away and mostly based in LA. Thats exactly why I'm looking for locals to run with and hopefully we can get them and us together once in a while for a giant group run. Get that 400 going, I'll put you on the list.