sand drags in mex

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Oct 23, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Jan 17, 2001
    visited some friends in mex this past fri, we got talking about blazers, 4x4, and trucks and sand drags in the middle of the night out in the desert came up.
    well i wanted to see it for myself and took a ride out there, it was quite a ride out of town behind some cementaries, looked more like an illegal rooster fight with no roosters. i could hear the engines and light as i got closer.
    when i got there i was surprised to see so many first gen blazers kicking but. there was a 90 something truck out there but first gen still came out in front.
    I'll be taking my cam next time to get some flics and post them on the web.
    from what i hear they are held every friday night, if anyone in socal is interested let me know. i'll be going in a couple of weeks.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=>My Pics</a>
  2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

May 23, 2001
    My buddy Barry goes down to mexico to sand drag up competition hill. He has a jeep with a tune port vette motor and a th350 and 205, ford 9" and dana 44 locked front and rear with 4.56s, 38.5x14.50/15 TSL SXs, along with a 100 shot of NOS. This thing flys. He took first place in the tough truck comp. here in Phx in the dirt drag race. Its one of the few jeeps I would own.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=>My vehicles</a>
  3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Feb 2, 2001
    SWEET! I can hardly wait to see the pics... I liked seeing the stuff ZZ4 Jimmy put in his gallery. Nothing like that here... guess I'll have to settle for tractor puls and good ole illegal street racing spots.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=></a>