Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sandlake trip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poorboy1, Aug 19, 2004.

1. poorboy1

poorboy1 Registered Member

A few of us from poorboy offroad will be heading to sandlake on the weekend of aug. 28th. If anybody is gonna be around i'll be in one of the only chevy's out there. I heard it was the same weekend of the bronco rally but who knows? I will keep an eye out. web page

2. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

post this up in the northwest forum....alot of us are going to TSF this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You should head down labor day weekend.

Theres no way I can make it that weekend. Thats when i was planning to swap in 1 ton and hysteer.

4. poorboy1

I cant post anywhere else but here at the moment. I guess i gotta pay up and be a "supporting" member /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I would go down labor day weekend but i gotta work part of it and i havent bought a pass, I'm sure they are gone.

Anybody that sent me a pm I cant respond yet cause the whole not paid up thing, but i did read it.

5. poorboy1

Is tsf still open? I thought it was closed due to fire restrictions?

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

27th thru the 29th is SOB (Son Of Beach) 8, should be about 200 Early Broncos roaming around Sand Lake. Will be a good opportuntiy to check out what guys are doing in that scene. Broncofix.com will have all of the details.
    Look for a Friday night "Follow the Leader", which is pretty cool to watch with so many vehicles. Saturday will have various silly games scattered around, and there'll be a ramp in the middle of the main flat area Sunday mid morning. Matt may let you ramp if there are no EB's wanting to try it.

If you don't have campground reservations by now you're probably not going to be able to get any.

Word is that no fires are allowed on the treeline or anywhere on the beach b/c of fire conditions. Campfires in the grounds are unknwn at this point, gate Rangers will know when you get there.

7. poorboy1

thx for the info. I figure we will stick out with all the eb's but what the heck. We may have 2 early broncs in our group too. No need for a ramp we have one, ramping in the sand sucks. they did go in and dump a crap load of 3" rock off the side of the parking lot (that way the fords dont get stuck).. anyway you are right its fun when you get that many rigs together. should be fun. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

There some hard spots out on the main flat area. They are actually rock outcroppings that have a really flat top to them. That's where they set up the ramp.

Had to tow one of the event box vans thru the soup into the south parking lot last year. That was some deep and loose stuff.