Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sandlake

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poorboy1, Jul 12, 2004.

1. poorboy1

poorboy1 Registered Member

I think i saw a k-5 member at sandlake over the weekend. i read in a post that balzackks84 was gonna go. here is a few pics of our trip. poorboyoffroad.com/sandlakejuly2004.htm]click here[/url]

2. poorboy1

darn link wont work. pics
    this should work

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey, I don't know who you saw, but I must say, nice webpage /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. poorboy1

thx, he had a white k5 i cant remember but it had no doors or half doors and the windshield said colorado k5 i'm sure.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yup that would be balzack /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah.. that was me. I recognized your rig from somewhere but felt a little awkward saying anything at the chance I was wrong.

It was a really nice weekend to be out there tho.

Just saw your pics. I didnt realize the guy with the cruiser was in your group. Some awsome engineering going on there. Got to pull him out when he got stuck on a log.

And that pic does no justice to the embankment comming off the beach. I tried going up that and ended up just spinning in the muck at the bottom.

7. poorboy1

Jeff failed to mention he got stuck out there. I'm gonna have to give him crap now. Actually we didnt make it up the muddy side. we squeezed thru the quad trail next to it and came down. but it was steep. my truck is about 4" narrower now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Next time i will pull up talk to ya.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Nice job on the website. If you ever join here, be sure to stop in at the Pacific Region board and say hi. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

do you have any specs on the Willy's. I'v seen that P/U online somewhere else too. just wondeirng how much lift and tire/wheel combo you are running.

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

next time you are going down post up and im sure some of us would be glad to go down.
    I havent been to sand lake in over 3 years we always end up heading down to coos or winchester.

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'v never been to sandlake. been about 3 years sicne I'v been to coose or winchester as well /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    nevermind i figurd it out /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. poorboy1

I might head back to sandlake next month. we are thinkin of going to tsf this weekend.
    the willys had 36" swampers and a 4" rancho lift along with whatever height i gained with the cab mounts. there were only about 2" spacers but the mounts themselves were raised.

13. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

My new 383 should be broken in later this month, and ill be Ready to go to SL, Post up when people are goin down... Ill do the same... I definatley want to go down the weekend before or after August 10th... So i can Celibrate my B-day some where other then Hillsboro /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif