Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sas For 2x4 88-up Truck

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sweetk30, Dec 24, 2004.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

I Was Thinking Of Swaping A D60 In A 2x4 88-up. Is There A Bracket Setup Out There To Use Leafs. Or Is There Somebody With Pics From There Setup. Thanks.

2. tlarsw

tlarsw 1/2 ton status

Sas

I planned on doing the same thing. I talked with ORU. www.offroadunlimited.com

They only make SAS for 4x4 frames. So I'm buying a 4x4 frame from a salvage yard and transfering all of my stuff over.

I don't know of anyone else who is making SAS kits for fullsize GM vehicles.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

I Also Talked To Them Thay Said Thay Were Working On 1. This Was Almost A Year Ago. Then I Called Back 3-4 Months Later As Told To Do So To Se If Done . And They Said No 3-4 More Months . Then Thay Had On Web Site Coming Soon 88-up 2x4 To Solid Axle Kit . Then Like 2-3 More Months After Thay Re Did There Sit And It Wasnt There Any More. I Ponderd The 4x4 Frame Idea And Talked To A Few Friends That Had Or New Of Someone That Had There OrU 4x4 Sas Kit And Thaysaid Chinsy Not Ment For Real 4x4 Off Road Strength. So I Think I Will Just Make My Own Front Hanker Out Of 2x3 Or3x4box Tube 1/4 Thick And Bolt To Front Of Frame And Make Back Shakle Hangers . Then Ord Cross Over Stearing Parts. Thanks For The Reply Great Site And Realy Nice Bunch Of People Happy Holidays......

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

This site is full of helpful people - so don't PISS OFF EVERYONE'S EYES WITH CAPITAL LETTERS!!! :mad: Didn't they teach you that in your NY school system - that only the first word of every sentence is capitalized?? HAHAHA:D ....thanks.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've seen ORU mounts before, didn't feel them to be chinsy or crappy for real usage. I'd make my own setup myself. Someday I will build an 88+ rig into a nice lifted SFA truck. And I got the same response from ORU a few times about the 2wd kit.