Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sas on my diesel

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by eightyone, Jan 15, 2006.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

anyone have measurments for brackets so i can put leaf springs in the right spot under my 94 2500 diesel? i want to run stock height front springs. and a ford dana 60. i was looking at kits, but there a little expensive for a few peices of steal. any info would be awsome. thanks.

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can get you some measurements, but I don't think you can run stock springs, inless you have a newer 60. On the older 60s or GM/Dodge 60s, the springs go right where the lower control arm bolts to. Either you run a taller spring, or cut the crap out of it. I have 4" on mine, I cut some of it off, and still need to cut some more. That is the only crossmember, so whatever you cut off will have to be braced. I need to get a set made for my 97, so I can get some for you maybe this week, depending on the weather.

3. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

thanks, that would be awsome. i was hoping to not get too tall. the 4 inch springs will be more like a 6 inch lift right? im hoping to start making the brackets as soon as i can. what springs do you run, 52's, or regular lenght. i want to run just stock front length off the older trucks.

4. b454rat

I have ORU's kit which gives you 3", and then I have a set of junkyard 4" springs. I thought they would have settled, being God knows how old, and having a big block in my truck, but I have just about 7" of lift. If you look in my sig, there is a link for pics, go there and I have some shots of my truck next to a stock one. Should be able to get some numbers this weekend, depeding how much time I have.

5. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

truck looks sick. what did you use to lift the rear?

6. b454rat

The rear is stock springs, with a homemade flip w/longer shackles and longer hangers on the front. From what I've seen, besides the frame is bent on one side, the truck sits about level front to rear.

7. Eastcoast 4WD

Eastcoast 4WD Registered Member

We have done sas with 2.5" Lift springs and the ORU kit and it seems to work out to a little over 4" lift especially on a diesel. Couple that with a 4" shackle flip in the rear and retain your stock springs. I have done several rigs like this and they all turned out awesome.