Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Satelite Photo Of So Cal Fires and Smoke...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Oct 27, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

What looks like high cirus clouds over the ocean is really smoke from the California fires. The red spots indicate the fires. Tomorrow the wind is going to do a 180. There will be a westerly flow (on shore) and all that smoke is going to come right back at us...

[​IMG]

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

damn... this sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Where did ya jack the pic from?

4. landsmasher

I forgot... LOL! Didn't get the URL either... I've been real busy today doing brush removal and chopping down trees... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I could run a search on Google again and I'm sure I could find it if you like... Let me know.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy crap! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

hopefully if this kinda thing happens enough, the rabid enviro-wackos wont have a leg to stand on when it comes to fire safety issues. There have been state/federal plans to limit fires and help firefighters on the table for years and they never go anywhere because of the enviro-nuts. Maybe 30 million pist off californians can help...

j

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ummm... aren't most enviro-crazy-ists in California???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. landsmasher

Bush has been fighting to do mass cutting and daily controlled burns for this very reason. The enviro-nuts say that this sort of thing is bad for the environment. Well this picture is worth a thousand words in his favor. What kind of environment do we have now?

California is going to look like a dead planet and we are all suffering from smoke inhalation and some people are even dying from it. We can't just go on building in the forests and then not getting rid of the brush for 25 years at a time. Nature always wins in the end so why not just let nature take it's course once and a while. And we can give nature a push with controlled burns and cutting down dead trees and limiting the growth of underbrush.

The enviro-nuts are not just in California. They are all over the place. It's just that in most other states, they would prolly be shot in a hunting accident... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's just that in most other states, they would prolly be shot in a hunting accident...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif oh so very true. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Satellite Photo Of So Cal Fires and Smoke...

[ QUOTE ]
    It's just that in most other states, they would prolly be shot in a hunting accident...

[/ QUOTE ]
    send them up here it hunting season /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. jekbrown

yeppers, gotta clear out that super flamable under brush on occasion. In the NW we have plenty of fires and some of them are hard for firefighters to get to cause they are out in the boonies. Sane people proposed adding and maintaining service roads into some of these areas so that firefighters could react more quickly etc etc... naturally, the enviro-nuts said that the 15' wide road in the middle of the 5987698576983977 acres of forest land would destroy the entire forest and killed the idea. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif its sad that so many people have to lose their homes, die of smoke inhalation or have their lives otherwise fawked up before joe-six pack sees the light on this kind of thing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. jekbrown

any1 else starting to get the sense that this might not just be a arson case... but a terrorist (domestic, foriegn, eco, pick one) related issue? seems like a while lot of fires... all at once... and we already have reports of some kinda vehicle being spotted with flamming objects being tossed out the window into road side brush. That kind of op takes atleast 2 people... which is all you need for a "cell"...

I have a nose for this kinda chit... I was onto the yemen accidental car bomb story WAY before the mainstream media was... whatdya u guyz think?

j

14. landsmasher

I thought about the same thing. But if it were some kind of terrorist action by either the Taliban or an econazi group, they would have taken credit for it.

The most deadly fire is in Sandiego. 12 dead. That one was started by a lost hunter who started a rescue fire that got out of control. They are considering pressing charges against him. The "Old Fire" dubbed that because it was started in Old Waterman Canyon Road in San Bernardino was started by the two in the gray van. That was surely arson but who knows why they did it. So far they expect arson in the Semi Valley fire but have not gotten any leads yet...

Now I hear there is a fire up in Northern California... This fire will tax our resources which are already thin...

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Too angry to express it in any coherent fashion /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifholy sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!

17. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Someone throw up an updated satelite photo of the fires.

18. landsmasher

This photo is from yesterday. Todays photos are not available as of yet but when they are they will be quite different. The winds have done a 180 from what they were doing and the fires are now taking out parts of Arrowhead and heading towards Big Bear. Fires are also heading towards the high desert. Hesperia is now threatened...

[​IMG]

19. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Sure am glad I live in Illinois! Hope you guys make it ok out there! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

-Dan

20. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

You absolutely sure it was a lost hunter? I heard the same thing, but then I heard it was also from flairs, etc. NOt saying it isnt possible, but saying that I have some doubts that it was acutally a hunter, and rather just some enviro-nazi spreading rumors. Would like to be certain.

the other people throwing flaming stuff-... possibly could be anyone, terrorist included. However, the DC shooter, was apparently "Spotted in a white van, like an astro van."

How do you mistake a rusty old mid 80's caprice sedan for a white astro van?, again, people see things.

On a different note, how come nobody says the fire could have been started from cigarette butts? THere's nothing worse for me than hiking through the forest, and finding cigarette butts- they dont biodegrade!