Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Satellite radio......

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ntaj*ep, Sep 23, 2003.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

DUDE!!! I scored a Pioneer XM unit today with a FM modulator and everything. It only cost me the Antenna, and some adapters. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'm very happy, no "dead spots" while driving across states! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif
    Anyone else have this kind of setup at home, work, truck?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i want xm, but dont ya have to pay monthly for the service or something? thats poop. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I've got a CD player in my truck so I dont have any dead spots driving across states and then dont have to pay a monthly fee /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But since I listen to Country music more than anything else anymore there is usually a radio station available most of the time.

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    since I listen to Country music more than anything else anymore there is usually a radio station available most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the truth! It's either country or top 40 sh*t that gives me a friggin' migrain! I too have the trusty CD player. The poor mans "commercial free" entertainment! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got a CD player in my truck so I don't have any dead spots driving across states and then don't have to pay a monthly fee

[/ QUOTE ]
    same with me i usually only listen to cd's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a sirius ready cd player... I wanted to get an XM-ready deck, but didnt have the extra $$. Either way $10.00 - $15.00 a month seems steep... is it worth it if you dont travel out of state?

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

CDs rock for like the first 700 miles then I get board, FAST! I never bring enough. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif There is a "subscription fee" For XM its like $9.99 for basic. The one I get has 250 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I have to figure out if its all paied up though.

8. jekbrown

yeah, as much as it'd be cool to have, I aint paying $120/year to listen to the radio. Rather get a mp3 deck and just play the exact songs I want from it.... no dead spots their either.

j

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

<hijack> The Panasonic 683U is a sirius ready, CD/MP3 player... I picked it up at Car Toys for $180 + $20.00 mail in rebate so $160 total. in the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif it hasnt skipped or lost a MP3 track yet. good deck. Just FYI </hijack>

-Ryan

10. jekbrown

wow, them mp3 playahs are gettin cheap. might have to look into one of them someday...

j

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I was thinking about getting a radio with all that in it as well but then this came up and I couldn't pass it up. I just hope the subscription they had lasts for the trip to and from Moab /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I also am hoping this keeps me off the screen wannas I've had for awhile now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

i got the xm radio in the new car(03 cavalier). it's ok it still cuts out alot mostly in town under powerlines seems to be the worst. on the way to Mt.Hood it cuts out alot. i do like all the chanels the comedy is great. i have had the car for 6mos. and no bill.my neighbor had the same thing happen to him 8mos. no bill im just waiting for a $300 bill /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I like to listen to music while I wheel. XM radio would be cool if it didn't cut out. As it is, my CD player skips all the time under what I call "less than smooth" conditions. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. jekbrown

music when wheelin? what the heck?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif isnt that what ur engine is for? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yep, I love the way my truck sounds, but I nothin like good tunes in the background as well! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. jekbrown

i hear ya. i think in theory i would dig it... but the problem (for me anyway) is that every1 likes different music... and I'd prolly get pist if some yahoo was blaring some crap music I couldnt stand while on a trail ride. Last thing I need is someones old backstreet boys cd playing while I'm tryin to get up a nasty obstacle! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

While within the warranty period theres no charge, if I recall correctly. Either that or your just listning to the preview version.....