Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saturday - Pulled over by the SJPD...!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Greg72, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

"So I was really drunk and......"

NO NO NO NO! Nothing like that. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Me and the wife were out driving and enjoying the beautiful weather yesterday, not too hot...not too cold. We took a drive with the K5 up into the hills over San Jose, and did the slow cruise that takes you from Old Calaveras Rd over to Sierra Rd, down by Berryessa.

Well we come down from the hill and at the first intersection we stop at there is a cop stopped on a red light, heading in a different direction. We cruise through on the 'green' nice and slow, and about 30 seconds later, I notice that the cop is behind us with his lights on! DAMN! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

I know I didn't do anything wrong, so I know it's gotta be about the tires, or the lift or some other "fix-it" ticket. I watch in the mirror as this really young-looking cop get out of the car and comes up to the truck. First words out of his mouth were:

"That's a big-ass truck truck you got there!"

Pretty much the 2nd thing he said was:

"Just so you know, I'm not going to give you a ticket or anything...."

OK, so I relax a little and realize he's probably not going to try to work me over for tickets. He was asking me what size tires, and how much lift, and what kind of engine, etc. It was kind of fun, because I could tell he was just having a boring day, and wanted to talk trucks with someone. Eventually, he mentioned that I needed to have mudflaps, which I guess was the "actual" reason he pulled me over....but he was funny, because he the way he said it was kind of "at some point, you really should try to get some on this truck".....no pressure at all. He tells me that he wants to get an old truck too, and was thinking about a Blazer.....Guess I know now why he pulled me over! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Kinda funny. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well, atleast there is one decent cop in SJ...too bad i am never pulled over by him /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't know if you read it in the Non4x4 forum about the local cop here that lost his legs a few weeks ago to a drunk driver. Heard the other night that for the next month, the town was going to have 30 cops on checkpoints (this dept. doesn't have that many cops, has to go borrow them). Last night I found out just how serious they are about this. I was coming home from yet another "Blazergfest Payback" mission and at this 4-way 2 miles outside of the town, one of their cops was setting up in the dark.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Greg..atleast he was cool. I've been pulled over the biggest a-holes on the planet. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

At least he didn't pull you over for doing a big smokey burnout. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    [​IMG]
    Better you than me getting pulled over i guess.
    Did ya catch his name?
    I'm amazed how many cops i can just drive right by in my K/5. I haven't been pulled over in a couple years in the truck.
    Even in the car, i've pulled right up next to cops and just smiled and nodded.

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

in Freakmont? you bet! i interviewed Officer Rossetti of the FPD and man, he just sounded like a hardass!

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dude, I live in Fremont and Rossetti is the biggest dickhead on the force, none of his co-workers even like him but the reason he is still on the force is because he brings alot of revenue to the city of Fremont. I have inside knowledge of this. I have a couple friends who are Fremont P/D cops and they tell the stories about him.

8. UseYourBlinker

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    interviewed Officer Rossetti

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there done that. He didn't like the idea of my foglight's not being covered. Gave me alot of sh!t. He's the worst.. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    He didn't like the idea of my foglight's not being covered

[/ QUOTE ]
    If they are below the headlights, tell him to go get bent, nicely though.

10. UseYourBlinker

They were placed in the middle of my bumper on a brush guard. He just likes to make people's live's crappy. I haven't seen him around lately *Knock's on wood* /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Wonder if Fremont PD is a "progressive" agency? If so and an officer has an "attitude" problem, they tend to get the lovely shifts/time on the beach.

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Greg-
    If that cop was looking into buying an older truck... like a blazer....

...maybe we'll see him around here on CK5....
    maybe even a nor cal big dawgs member, huh. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

If he becomes a member maybe he'll sign off our fix it tickets. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

Well doesnt that meen you would have to drive your blazer to get a ticket? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif kinda hard to get a fixit ticket sittin in your drive way...hehehehehehehe

15. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You may meet him sooner than that.....

He called me on the phone last night, and is looking at a '72 Blazer down in LA. (Another 1st Gen guy? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif )

I invited him to stop over on Friday to say "Hello" to the gang at the BBQ. He has to work, but said he'll try to swing over for a few minutes at least....

Seems like he's pretty serious about owning a Blazer, so I suspect he'll be a "regular" here before too much longer. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Small world.