Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saturn window motor

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by jimmyjack, Jun 16, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My wifes Saturn window won'r roll up or down. The motor turns but I think the gear is shot. Anyone have luck removing the door panel? I tried and almost broke it half in a rage. Any pointers? And what's new motor cost? I dont want to fix it..... it's up and the AC is working!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

If it's just the gear, it's not too expensive - I just replaced one on the Bronco and it was $20 and change from Checker. As far as the door panel goes, you probably need the GM door panel removal tool (kind if a notched prybar thing) and a handful of new panel fasteners.

Good luck brother!! It took me around 4 hours to replace the stupid thing /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

LOL! As insane as this sounds you need to remove the door skin to change out the motor. Or anything for that matter. The skin bolts on. If you remove the interior panel all youll see is a big black metal panel. If you look around the edge of the door you will see a bunch of 10mm bolts, thats them. DONOT lose any, they are shouldered to only tighten down so tight. Technically you are only suppsed to tighten them down to so many in.lbs. I have always just tightened them a reasonable amount. The door handle IIRC comes off from outside w/ a clip or a bolt or something, before the skin comes off. Once you have the skin off you will see a big black plastic lined "blanket". Remove it and you will see the motor and everything else in the door. Its really not that big of a deal to do.

Have fun.....

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Then I'm sure glad her A/C is working then! I was looking at that. I got enuff of the panel off to see the stuff your talking about. I think mine are torx bolts tho. I guess I'll be busy this week. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

UMMM DUH! Yeah they are Torx heads! Its been a few months since I worked on one. The cars all start to blend together after a decade or so of working on them everyday. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif