Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saturn

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 13, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Dad is looking at a Satan tonight. He spotted it in a paper for me. $1700, new trans with a warranty still on it. Says 30mpg, its a Saturn so I'd believe it. I did the math, if I drive 4000 miles a year, driving the burb at about 8 mpg would be somewhere over $1000 a year. Saturn at 30mpg and the same miles, $300, HAHA. I've spent that much on gas since I've been here(3 months).

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

My wife used to have a Saturn. Yes it was very small but for just the two of us it was fine. Hers was standard shift w/ a 4 cylinder and it got over 30 mpg. We had that car for 4 years and the only thing we ever did to it was replace the battery. My experience is that they are very good cars. Good quality, put together very well. I would not hesitate to buy another Saturn. In fact we are looking at the Vue or the Saturn minivan. (We have our first little one on the way). :saweet:

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I had a Honda civic that got 34 mpg. The money I saved on gas would pay the insurace on the civic and my truck!

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

If I get it I'm going to get a TSL tread sticker from Bluetorch to go up over the hood and roof :D

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If it's a green Saturn, stay far, far away. Only psycho women drive green Saturns and I very seriously doubt they know more about the car except where the filler hole for the tank is...................... :D

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I can put a real inprint on it for free. :D

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: Too much spirituality on the board lately, eh?

I'd consider a saturn if I didn't have kids, for the fuel economy. They're abundant and dirt cheap on LI, too...