Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Save CK5-Updated with how and where you can send funds to help out.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here's my idea, but I don't know how too do it, so please help if you know how to set this up. I'd like to see a "Save CK5" Pay-Pal thingy so everyone could donate a buck or two if they wanted too, for the use of paying for the expences of running CK5. I am a member, but would gladly pitch in a few extra bucks to keep CK5 up and running !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm sure alot of y'all feel the same.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Save CK5

anyone know how to go about setting it up ???

3. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

That would be cool. I would definately donate a few bucks if it meant keeping this site up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Maybe someone could come up with a special decal design for people that donate.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone know how to go about setting it up ???

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I think I got the anser for that one Paul. Maybe more people could start buying more memberships and products from Off Camber instead of taking a free ride while the rest of Us pick up the tab. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    After seeing the bind that Steve has been in latley I did my part yesterday and orderd me a CK5 hat from Off Camber yesterday (bithday gift for myself today). Yeah it was only like $20 but hey thats a start. Maybe in the next week or two a t-shirt or more stickers and so on. You get the picture. Just what ever you can afford will help even if it's the cheapest thing Steve has to offer.
    Off Camber

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya. I have a couple of shirts, and stickers. Just wish I could aford to buy a soft top from him. But sence so meny people are on the free ride, I thought a Pay-Pal thingy would help out. I belive alot of us would pitch in too help Steve out with the costs of keeping CK5 up and running. I know I've got a extra $5.00 or $10.00 bucks I'd pitch in. Even if it's only a buck or two that someone could donate, I do belive it'd add up.

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

This paypal thing sounds like a good idea- what we need is a goal to reach...we can't do this without finding out exactly what were trying to save....Steve needs to make his decision on how the forums are going to operate, which I know is a tough one for him to make...

If we had a goal- of X # of new members we need- or X $$ we need to keep this site up for X months that sort of thing..

By the way- As you know, I've put up a t-shirt drawing for each 10 members signed up between the 8th and 21st- but it keeps getting pushed down 2-3 pages.....

Once I place that order- I'm also gonne get me a sweatshirt...so these "small" things will add up...

dont forget- he can get you most of the parts you might need. I got my pro-comp lines from off-camber...he sure didnt make a killin- but it helps the site, and it was $4.85 more than through summit- would rather pay the extra and see it help out ck5

Brandy

7. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

If there was a button at the top of the page for donations, I would definitely contribute. I don't think it should be up there all the time because people will just overlook it like we do the sticky posts, but if Steve came out every couple months & had a fund raiser, I would give. It wouldn't be much, but I can spend $20 without the wife hurting me.

So $20 of pure profit or buy a shirt for $20 & Steve gets $3.85. I would rather give him $20 he can put towards whatever he feels is necessary to make the board better.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So how would a person set up a Pay-Pal thingy ???

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Why not just use steve's existing paypal account? I think it is see below or something like that?

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So how would a person set up a Pay-Pal thingy ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Paypal charges fees based on useage and other factors. Better check with Steve before you do anything like this because you might have him paying a nice chunk of change to cover fees. Might make it not worth it.....

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Will ask.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I contacted Steve about it. He said we can send any donations via Pay-Pal to: sales@offcamber4x4.com

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, my broke-ass kicked in. How about y'all doing the same now ????? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I bought a shirt the other day, thats about the best I can do right now, gonna need to start saving up for that body cast for when the wife gets the statement from me buying said shirt.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I did exactly what I said I would do. Even took time away from installing my carb to do it. Of course now I have to clean the grease off my keyboard

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok I PONY UP /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I did not donate any money but spent 30.00 bucks on OFF CAMBER
    got me some cool stickers.
    I was going to put this on my post to show people im for real but the post is gone I guess I musta pissed everyone off with that post.
    Next month I will do more for the site.
    Bo

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd be willing to bet that it was one of my replies in your post that pissed off the Mods.....too bad, so sad. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

That tmaxxer dude deserved having his ass chewed out for his rude PM to you, so I went ahead and spoke my mind for once!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Sometimes we have to speak up. tmaxxe did need a ass rippen.