Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saw a can am le mans with a 6.6L shaker hood at the yard too, what was it ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 15, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

today i also saw this huge boat car of a LeMans right about 77-79 year,.it was white and has something like special custom or sport custom or something like that on the metal body side emblems and has soemthing painted on the door in black letters i forgot what it says and has a t/a style shaker hood functional with 6.6L on it, i assume this would be the 403 for 77-79 years which was an oldsmobile engine those years they were in the 77-79 electras alot i know cuz i had a 77 electra it had the 1/2 ton truck 1/2" stud 5 on 5" wheel pattern, it was heavy but not slow, i had 15x8" truck rallies on it with 31x10.5" tires fo ra whiole on the back, it had the big 8.5" 10 bolt rear and horrible ratio highway gears.

what is this le mans car ? its gonna be in the shredder anyways since its in a yard, but i kinda like to learn trivial GM stuff, so.. hardly ever get to see any special or limited vehicles around here, a rare thing.
    i searched online for one like it but cant seem to find one, hmm.,.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: saw a big le mans with a 6.6L shaker hood at the yard too, what was it ?

Pontiac LeMans, 6.6L is the 400cui Pontiac motor. Should have 6X pontiac heads in that year, compression somewhere in the mid to low 8. Got to love emissions. And the shaker well someone must have put that on.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

can am

thats what it said, but the Le Mans fender badges also said something else like custom or sportor something too just after Le Mans

the hood and shaker is not a fab job or anything, you would swear it was a trans am 77-79 if you looked at just the hood and shaker, the hole in the hood for the shaker is not a hack job
    i searched for le mans 6.6L and everything refers to 403 ci olds engine in 77-79 lemans

so i dunno.

hmm...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://www.abodysite.com/77hisbook.html "bult for sale in California, or high altitude countries, came with the 6.6 litre (403 cubic-inch Oldsmobile built) four-barrel V.8"

The shaker hood scoop is a California only thing as well. Interesting, thanks helped me learn a little something I didn't know.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    http://www.abodysite.com/77hisbook.html "bult for sale in California, or high altitude countries, came with the 6.6 litre (403 cubic-inch Oldsmobile built) four-barrel V.8"

The shaker hood scoop is a California only thing as well. Interesting, thanks helped me learn a little something I didn't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

there it is, yep!

For the Sport Coupe (only) was the mid year special interest offering called the Can AM. Not only did it come on just the one model.... it came only on cars with the louvered window design. Standard as part of the package were Cameo White body color; Grand Prix instrument panel assembly with Rally gauges and clock; Turbo Hydra- Matic transmission (only); power front disc brakes with rear drums; variable-ratio power steering; Rally RTS handling package; GR7O-15 steel-belted radial tires; Space-Saver spare; front and rear stabilizer bars; body colour Rally II wheels; protective rubber bumper strips; body color twin sport mirrors (lefthand remote control); blacked out grille assembly and, best of all, the T/A 6.6 (400 CID) litre four-barrel V-8. Cars bult for sale in California, or high altitude countries, came with the 6.6 litre (403 cubic-inch Oldsmobile built) four-barrel V.8. External distinctions of the Can AM included black-painted rocker moldings; full width deck spoiler with tri-tone accent stripe; tri-tone Can AM identification on front deck, rear end and front fender; b1acked out windshield, backlite, door window and belt moldings; special interior identification; shaker hood scoop with "6.6" decals (California) or "T/A 6.6" decals (regular).

this one was same white and everything, allw ay from california huh ? damn, only to end up in IL salvage yard... actually in pretty good shape for around here, too, must been garaged alot of its time,

crazy..

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

isn't it though? amazing what you find sometimes.

7. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif the can ams are rare from what i know abut them they are worth some money /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif