Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saw a nice 'looking' Z71 last night

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by PetaKane, Oct 31, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Saw a nice \'looking\' Z71 last night

At work last night, a girl that I work with came up to me and said that there was an awesome truck over at Burger King. She told me it was even better than mine. So I had to go check it out. Looked awesome, 12" lift, 3" body, 44" TSL's. I stopped next to it, got out and had to look closer. Awesome it was had a straight axle conversion, 14bolt FF rear, but the front axle had the differential under the drivers side. Dodge axle? It wasn't a D60 either so I'm guessing the dude put it on there temporarily till he could find a 60 out of a Chevy. So a big ol 2WD truck on 44's basically. Got me thinkin, I can't roll on 40's any longer. I gotta get me some 44's. I hate it when this happens /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Re: Saw a nice \'looking\' Z71 last night

Dude, the IFS chevy trucks have the front drop on the drivers side, so you have to use a ford axle or switch transfer cases!

P.S. Dodge axles also have a passenger side drop just like us. But some of their 60's are strange with dust caps, and all have the perches slightly in the wrong place. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Re: Saw a nice \'looking\' Z71 last night

Plus, Ford uses reverse cut Dana 44s and 60s, so you get the high pinion and added gear strength. Better overall set-up than a Chevy axle for an IFS to solid axle conversion.