Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saw a small Airplane crash today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

There I was driving down the highway and I looked up and seen a single engine plane flying REALLY low about a 1/2 mile from a small airport. next thing I see is the plane literally fall out if the sky brush across the tree tops,bounce acouple times,make a hard left on the ground (to miss a billboard)go across 4 lanes of traffic and smack the ditch on the other side of the road. I was one of the most scary things I believe I have ever seen. so I grab my phone and dial 911 and IT WAS BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!! ended up a couple of other people called it in while they sat in the middle of the highway and looked at the plane and did not even get out to see if everyone was ok in the plane. some other people had stopped so I went back down the road to get the policeman that had a speed trap set up. By the time I got to him he was taking off to go down there. ended up that the plane had lost power a couple of minutes after take off and he was trying to get it back to the Airport. everyone was shaken but ok. and I then made up my mind that I was never flying again.. just thought I would share

*wink*

my 79 rust bucket will run over your 2001 chevy 4X4 tahoe plastic wagon

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, good thing they were all ok. That's gotta be pretty unnerving to watch something like that happen, though!

I read this right after I convince myself that it'll be ok to fly to Denver in a few months, too.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

3. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Long ago, I was bass fishing, and a float plane was landing in the lake about 150 yards from me, landed ok but back rudder was down and he just flipped upside down. I reeled in and motored over to the plane as the guy was crawling out..man..he was mad..but, I gave him a ride to the boat launch where a guy was waiting for him, and they took off. He never said a word to me...don't know how they got the plane out.

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Makes you stop and think for a minute when stuff like that happens, ya know? Glad all were fine.
    BTW what's the story behind your side pic. I am assuming it is to do with Jim, but is that him or you in the pic and where is it?

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Michele - that's the album cover to "Morrison Hotel" - a Door's album circa 1970 - when they were 12 inches in diameter and made of thick plastic!!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

A frisbee? Ha, I crack myself up! Sorry to be ignorant I don't know much about the Doors.(obviously) . I do like their music and Jim Morrison was so dreamy! *sigh*

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah stuff like that does suck... saw about 3 plane crashes personally and heard of two others in Oshkosh Wisconsin during the annual EAA fly-in... No telling how many people probably crashed on the way there... only two people died from the ones I had to see... one from another (some stunt pilot guy)... but the others the people were okay... But it's still okay.. I'll still get in a small single engine plane. the chances of crashing are VERY small, and if the plane is properly supplied, you can probably live through a crash... if the plane doesn't explode in a giant fireball of course :P

79 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/capman2k/>Go Here</a>
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

8. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I grew up listening to The Doors and the stones with my uncle in his 76 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy and I guess it kinda stuck with me I still listen to The Doors in my K5 and am teaching my two year old nephew to do the same [​IMG] gotta start them out right.
    so thats the story.. The Doors are one of the best bands in the history of Rock IMO and Morrison Hotel is one of my favorite albums

*wink*

my 79 rust bucket will run over your 2001 chevy 4X4 tahoe plastic wagon