Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saw a sweet Burb today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

:burb: :saweet: I was on the Ohio turnpike 80/90 today coming back from Ashtabula getting parts. I was just outside of Sandusky and saw this 1987 four head light Burb (front like mine) Midnight Black with Ohio plates rolling west. This was the sweetest I have seen and no camera... The dude had no burb tags any where on it the tail gate was blank too. He had the stock rally wheels, no wheel well trim and only the trim on drip rails. The rear window, rear side and second row windows tinted and plain chrome bumpers.

Where the burb tags would be on fenders he had left holes but put some kind of push screw (the kind like what holds the splash rubber on inner fenders) and it was so simple it rocked. I got next to the guy and made like I was wiping my eyes. Then gave him a :thumb: he smiled. I followed him to Toledo where he keep going west.

You should of seen the people looking at us now mine so a 4 and his was a 10 but I'm black with a white top and he is all black we were turning heads. If the guys reads the forums I just wanted to say you made my day a little brighter. :burb: :k5: :woot:

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

haha im glad im not the only one that gets all excited about seeing another really good truck on the road

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have noticed that in the rust belt states, older cars and trucks are far and few between. Out here in Las Vegas, the weather is so dry, you still see a few beat up, original condition 1950's rust free cars chugging around. 1980's 4X4 GM pick-up trucks, Blazers, and Suburbans are are every where here in Las Vegas.

4. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Here is a '66 Suburban 2-door in my area that was on ebay, but I didn't go look at it (not in the market, didn't want to waste their time). Looks like bids didn't reach reserve, so it'll be interesting to see if it gets relisted. I really like this body style.

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

thats nice!

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

same story here of coarse, on the out skirts or rural areas there are plenty of cowboys in ther long bed 3/4 tons on 35 inch muds and a 6 inch or 4 inch lift.. seems they are born with the trucks almost:D Id say I see a hand full of nice burbs and blazers every day

7. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

When my girlfriend/dad/mother drive my truck, they are always like "why do people wave to me in the truck, do they think I'm you?"
    Then my mom is like "i never realized how many blazers there are on the road". There might be 10 in my town, including the ones for sale and excluding my 2.
    She's starting to get really aggrivated that I'm building up my truck, she loved my stocker and if she lived closer probably would have wanted to drive it. I knew she was a mass-hole redneck at heart. :haha: