Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saw a very large and very expensive Blazer today.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I guess it is a sign of being hopelessly hooked on K5's when you are running down the highway about 80, see a very large Blazer, slam on the binders, do a u-turn, and pull into a prison parking lot to take pics of a Blazer? Didn't have my camera, so I got it on video.

Anyway what I saw was quite amazing. What first caught my eye were the 18.5/44x15 Swampers on monster modular wheels mounted to 10b axels. It had aproximatel 12" of spring lift and 4-6" of body lift, no blocks. Chrome drive shafts, differential covers, tie-rod, crossover steering, quad front and rear shocks, shock hoops, u-bolts, traction bars, everything possible. I am 6'4 and the bottom of the windows were above my head so I could not see inside. The front clip was '89-'91, very nice metallic blue paint with silver Bushwacker flares. But most unique of all was that it appeared to be a full removable top, but it was covered with a black fabric.

This Blazer was seen in the parking lot of a small prison south of Bronte, TX which is between Abilene, and San Angelo, TX and I am sure everyone knows where that is.

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Can you get a couple of 'stills' from the video? Sounds like a show truck...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I'll see what I can do.

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

4. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

if you can email me some of that video i can pull stills out or hell i will be in abilene next weekend again and could transfer it to digital video and pull stills or something. or better yet how about you do it and i will look when you post em. LOL just kiddin 'round! Whats up Derf?

5. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yeah, post the video/pics if possible. I'd like to see that.

<font color=red>"SETTING OFF ALARMS IN A CITY NEAR YOU!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

6. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

that sounds sweet, just the axles. why the 10bolts if you're gonna invest that much money into ur truck and not have the proper axles, other than that it sounds really sweet.

phill

7. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Another way of looking at it: if it's just a show truck, why waste the 1 ton axles that one of us wheelers could get a hold of and USE? [​IMG]

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

8. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

true, watever, im more practical than all show and no go if u get what i mean.

phill

9. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

I used to live out that way in a small town called eldorado. is it still dull and dry out there?moved to orlando , fl its alot better

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If I had that big of tires. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a full floating rear axle. 22" from the housing to the ground is way too far if the shaft breaks or you lose a c clip.

I would also convert the front to 8 lug, not only to match, but that I would feel safer with 8 9/16" studs holding my huge meats on rather than 6 7/16" ones...unfortunately, my friends don't think so.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

11. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it could use some top loading axles, and it'd be complete!

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]