Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saw an SSR on the road

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Jimmy, Dec 29, 2003.

1. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Red, it was...ok...wasn't what I expected...had the hard top and bed cover on, sunroof open (it was 70 here Sat)...wished I had been in my truck so I could see inside, but I was in my Vette...
    the front is retro, but the rear fenders are swoopy/square sorta...It may be a design I need to see a bit more of in order to appreciate it...I guess I just wanted it to be more "truck" although I don't know how they would do that on Vette runnin' gear....at least it ain't like a fawkin' Prowler

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

it needs running boards or something, the bottom of the door and all is higher than the fenders and you can see the frame like on all the other trucks, needs some type of filler panel. Oh btw dont know about around you but w/ dealer markup they are going for 60k+++++++++++ around here.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Saw a blue one at the dealer in October when my wife and I bought our Mountaineer.
    Saw a black one in the Lowe's parking lot in early December.

I think it looks pretty cool, and my wife does, too.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I saw one in Lake Charles Louisiana in November. I think it was blue, sitting in a parking lot hanging out with a bunch of other local car guys.

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

they're ugly IMHO.. theres two at our chevy dealership, then one of the muscle car places has one for sale.. i dont like em..

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't like them either, saw the new Vettes in a new Chevy commercial not a fan of those either.

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i almost like the c6 vette, and i definately like the colorado pickup..

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I like the look of the new vette (at least on TV) we'll see how I feel when I go to check it out at the dealer down the road.

I'm actually thinking about looking into a 4 door Colorado now, those look nice!

Course most of the other new stuff looked like euro trash to me.

The SSR is actually pretty cool, One of the dealers here in town has several and I got a chance to get in one in the showroom, I like it, but I'd like to get one out on the road to see what it can do.

9. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Those Colorados are nice. I had one for a test drive. The I5 works really good and the interior is comfy too. And the little beggar will wind up to 6500 before it shifts too!