Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saw Metallica last night!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Aug 10, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

by far the coolest concert i have ever been to. 70,000 people on thier feet singing in almost perfect harmony. way cool, i still exited!!! was anybody else their????

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

They rock pretty good, last time I saw them we rushed the froor and made it up front and the girl I was with got so excited she hit James in the forehead with a bic lighter.... It was funny as [I love Jeeps].... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. ducttape114

baddass!!! when and where?

4. powerbitch

powerbitch Registered Member

kewl ive seen them about 5 times in concert but i dont like thier new music what the hell are they doing changing thier music LOL

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The St. Anger CD is closer to thier older music. I personally haven't cared for anything they've done from the Black Album on up till this new one. But everything befor the Black Album strait rocked. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Did they sing their new song "so what?" That has got to be the worst Metallica song ever. I can't believe they would even think of writing a song like that.

7. ducttape114

no they didnt didnt sing "so what". i like that song though.

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

They didn't write "So What", it came out on their "Garage Inc." album. It's a cover of a punk band, but I can't remember which one.

John

9. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    [ QUOTE ]
    The St. Anger CD is closer to thier older music.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I don't agree with that... their older music had these little things in them called "guitar solos". St. Anger seems to be vacant of those, dissapointing to say the least.

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I didn't go but a girl friend of mine did on Saturday at the Colloseum. She said the first band (something Park) was horrible. But she said that Metallica ROCKED and even did a 45 minute encore. She was way up in the back row at the top center. She also said it took her all day Sunday to recover from it!

11. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I saw the show on Thursday the 7th at Seahawk Stadium... the show kicked (Jeep)!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

12. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Metallica's version of So What has been out for awhile now. It was written by the Anti-Nowhere League in 1981 I think. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. ducttape114

yeah, i have never been to the Colloseum before. parking/traffic was a nightmare!!!! we left my friends house(20-30 min away on a normal day) at 12:30 and didnt park the truck till 5:15. there were a lot of people there. i will be there again next year though!!!! hopefully a little less late.

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Naw I didnt get a chacne, a buncha my friends went to Houston to see it, I actaully had tickets but sold em for a little profit hoping to get cheaper ones on ebay but no luck...Im still regretting it, cause i love metallica.

I did go to Lollapalooza though... way cool and worth the money! 30,000 or so singing "Like a Stone" --could barely even hear the band! Incubus sounded the best, by far. I love themt oo.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

After the Napster thing, I quit listening to Metallica. So did a lot of people. I am surprised to see them back.