Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saw this on eBay...thumbnail looked good...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Craig Artzner, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was emailed this Blazer from eBay. From the thumbnail of this picture it looked like it was going to be a nice survivor. Not quite. Looks solid enough, but the interior is all hagged-out. I love that green color though, but someone painted over the green on the interior, poorly. And how did a '75 Blazer get '73-'74 fender badges :confused: . Those don't strike me as something someone would change out. Oh well. Just thought I'd share.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=140103116590#ebayphotohosting

Here's the main picture...
    [​IMG]

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It would be a good starting point for a trail rig.

3. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I saw that on local craigslist - it does look nice at first glance - but you are right about the deeper issues - especially interior

4. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If I was in the market for a trail rig, and it was closer to me, that would be my ideal. Love the stock look, etc. on the outside but the truck is already been messed with so cutting it up would not seem so bad.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not a big fan of those clear, bulbous euro-tailight lenses. They were kind of cool when they first came out for cars, but now they make them for every car and truck under the sun and they're no longer unique.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I never did like them. Especially on older cars/trucks.

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I didn't like those tail lights eiher.
    As for the truck, I think it can easily be brought back, the interior is not that messed up and the body is definitely workable.
    I miss my 75:o
    Too bad no job now or I would be bidding.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I hate auctions with a reserve. Why dont people just put down what they want for it. I think those Euro lights are lame too.
    Question I have is why is the inside so rusty and the outside looks good?
    Looks like that thing really wet inside or flooded with salt water..

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Flooded with salt water and it would be total swiss cheese by now. Windshield leaks have always been a common K5 problem, which leads to wet carpets and floor rust.

Judging by the bubbled exterior areas that thing has a lot of rust repair in it's future if someone wanted to bring it back. Every K5 I've ever seen in the PNW rots from the inside out...by the time rust is visible on the exterior it's already really bad.

Rene

9. wildmandave

wildmandave 1/2 ton status

not on EBAY no more..................:confused:

10. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Yea, don't like those clear looking tails. I saw in LMC some tails though that were more new-looking but not tooo bad. Part number 37-7412 on this page and part number 37-7415 on this page. I even photoshopped them onto my truck to get an idea of how they'd look, hehe.