Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saweet! Got my manual today! Any questions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dieselmh, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I just picked up my brand new Chiltons manual today. The poor little thing is still all brand new and shrink wrapped in plastic. Not to worry my little buddy, soon you'll be all messed up and covered in grease and rust. So anyone got any "manual" type questions? I'm just looking for an excuse to crack this baby open! Just FYI, it's the Chilton's 1969-1982 Blazer/Jimmy repair manual. I got it for $7.50 on ebay. It covers 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, and gas and diesel engines. Who'd a thunk that an 8 dollar book could turn a shitty day into a not so shitty day. I'll shut up now.

2. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

LOL. My Chiltons looks like I left it underneath the tires for a few days!! Don't take em long to get dirty.

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

so where do i put the blinker fluid can't find that thing newhere. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif later

jacob

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Ah yes, the elusive blinker fluid container. After many days of researching, I have finally found it. The blinker fluid for out K5s must be 710 grade blinker fluid. If you look under your hood, you should see a 710 cap somewhere, probably on a valve cover. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Some people will tell you that this is for the oil, it's not. Your oil has to be filled through the dipstick tube just like the trannies. Make sure you use 710 blinker fluid, otherwise your blinkers won't work properly. Good luck!

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL. What about mufflar bearings?