Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sawzall Blade Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by NYDIESELDAVE, May 26, 2006.

1. NYDIESELDAVE

NYDIESELDAVE 1/2 ton status

I'm cutting up an old rusty blazer shell into 4 ft pieces for scrap this weekend. I'm planning on using a torch and a sawzall. Any recommendations for a good brand of sawzall blade. I usually use some kind of Bosch Xtreme Blade or "Torch" blade from Milw. Any suggestions. Thanks

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you buy the ones from HF, just go ahead and thorw them away on the way out......

3. NYDIESELDAVE

I agree with you on that.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I tried Dewalt , HF , and Milwaukee . I prefer the Milwaukee . I go through fewer blades now . Stil a pain cutting through the double walled section of tub , but much better than the cheap blades .

Get the most teeth per inch you can , for metal cutting . Or the ones marked for firefighters :thumb:

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The cheap cobalt blades from HD have worked as good or better than milwaukee or de walts. Much cheaper from what I remember.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Is it a HD house brand ? I only have a Lowes card :D

7. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

No one has mentioned Lenox? (sp?) Last time there was a discussion around here, these were the most favored by far. Bought a couple and have loved them!

8. NYDIESELDAVE

Well the doors, cap and roof is off; qtrs are partially halved and it took only 15 of cutting. I just decided to take a break. I had to gut everything before that this morning early. I ended up getting the "TORCH" blades by milw. from HD. My HD didn't have any cobalt blades. So they say ... thanks for all the thought guys. Mybe I'll post a picture latter.

9. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

The Milwaukee Axe blade Is the best out there, bar none. I work in construction and have never had any problems with this blade. It is extra thick and does not bend sideways very easily.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

good ones.,..

I used Lenox blades and they lasted a LONG time..other cheap ones I buy for a buck apeice at flea markets worked good as far as cutting,but they break off easily or fold in half,and its a pain to have to grind them down and try to use them up!..they were all different brands like Dewalt,Black and Decker,and Milwaukee..one brand I'd see cheap was "Agressor",and they were nearly as good as Lenox blades,and I could get them for a buck apeice at a swap meet..havent seen any lately though..

I am tempted to try those Milwaukee "AXE" blades,I seem to break more blades than I wear the teeth off of...they sound pretty tough if they are thicker..I fold many blades in half on the first "snag" and have to beat them flat with a BFH every few cuts..that gets aggravating fast!..:mad: ..but you can tie the Lenox blades in a knot just about,without snapping them..our fire department uses only Lenox "Fire And Rescue" blades to cut cars up along with the Jaws of Life in accidents..not sure if they are for sale to us common folks though..:crazy:

11. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes they are but IMO the Milwaukee fire rescue blades last a little bit longer I was buying Lennox blades exclusevly but have switched back to Milwaukee blades . I use the fire rescue blades for rough cutting (ie scrapping and demolition work) and the "torch" for more precise cuts like fenders and such

12. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

x3 for the Lennox blades. I had an 88 accord that I had pulled the motor and trans out. The city said I needed to get rid of it. Two blades and one hour later it was small enough to throw in the dumpster by hand.:D

13. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I use Morse blades with no complaints. They last a very long time.

14. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

FYI This is a way that companies can mark things up to rape people for money. If you ever look into any thing that has to do with "rescue" or "firefighting" they mark the price up way too high. Firefighters are lazy bums anyways that sit around playing X-Box all day doing nothing and they are over paid!!!:D

15. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

guess it takes one to know one:D

arent axe blades for cutting thru nail embedded wood? all i use is axe and torch blades. axe for demo work(fences,houses),torch for cutting metal.

16. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I've used both the Milwaukee brand & Lennox brand and I do like the lennox better for sawsall work . I've done alot of metal cutting in the field and in the shop . I only use lennox blades for my jigsaw . I keep some cheap blades around so when my neighbor wants to use the saws all he gets the cheap blades :haha: . Just look at my burb , thats alot of sawsall work right there :D .

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

go to Home Depot. I forget what brand, but the blades I like are white and the name for the lots-of-teeth-metal-cutting-blades is "The Torch". They work great... though I have found over the years that a 10 pack of cut off wheels from harbor frieght is almost always cheaper/faster/easier if you plan on doing lots of cutting.

j

18. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Milwaukee torch blades are for metal, the Axe blades are for nail embedded wood. they both kick ass.