Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SAWZALL HELL ! anyone know of a plasma cutter for sale?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jun 6, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I need one, Im sick of sawzall hell, and I have a long ways to go. These inner rear 1/4 panels are killing my saw and blades are going outta style /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

You try good blades? DeWalt, Milwaukee? Made a big difference when I was cutting metal, most the time they'd get too dull to cut before they broke...come to think of it I have never broke one of those blades and they usually bend back if you mess em up. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

Dewals snap like turds, but milwuakee seems to last better and are non-snappable supposedly, but still sux, I want a plasma cutter Im sick of white boy'n the stuff, I want real juice /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I found a few on ebay but my ebay welder turned out to be a turd, i wish yours would have been for sale b4 i bought this one. its on its way back after i sent it back to warranty, better work or ill drive it there to stick up the sellers arse, its NEW /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif and didnt even work 80% of the time.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dewals snap like turds

[/ QUOTE ]

Never had a problem with dewalts and I use them a lot /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Never ever snapped one, maybe its just you /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

me neither mike so I think he must have got a bad batch /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

considering how long your bumper was the size of a house, you OBVIOUSLY never used them enough to break em /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif by the way, when you finally DID cut it off, how much cash did you get from the scrap yard? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    considering how long your bumper was the size of a house, you OBVIOUSLY never used them enough to break em by the way, when you finally DID cut it off, how much cash did you get from the scrap yard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough for good sawsall blades /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    (sorry couldn't resist /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

As to the scrap I cut off the front bumper, I recycled it...into a rear bumper /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and that bumper was made out of almost all 1/4" thick metal so yeah I used the sh!t out of those blades.

9. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Enough for good sawsall blades /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    (sorry couldn't resist /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    hey i have good blades, im just NOT very gentle with them /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey i have good blades, im just very gentle with them

[/ QUOTE ] if you are so gentle with them why do they keep breaking?

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i get sawzall blades from home depot, forget if they are Milwaukee or not, but they are called "the torch". Very rarely had one break on me, even when i used it to cut some chunks off my ff14b when I was shav'in it...

j

12. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

if you were closer you could come over and use mine.hell if ya want to drive down ill pm you my add. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. i bought mine at napa last year i can't remember what i paid i think it was like $1800 i just bought new tips that cost ten dollars apiece i was not thinking they would be so much because you go through them so fast.well worth the money

13. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

in todays oregonian under auctions there is 4 for auction on thursday in forest grove at the alloy plant /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]

hey i have good blades, im just NOT very gentle with them /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    There I fixed it, oops /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Maybe if you learned to cut in a straight line you wouldnt be so hard on them blades /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe if you learned to cut in a straight line you wouldnt be so hard on them blades

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe if you learned to cut in a straight line you wouldnt be so hard on them blades /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]hey bagpipe keep that little fo-pah to yerself /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ya ya ya, hey kiddies, MGD should have a new warning
    " Friends dont let friends drink & cut, it may be thier truck " /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif