Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sawzall

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Topher, Jun 22, 2000.

1. Topher

Topher Registered Member

Hi guys, just wondering what model Sawzalls you all have or recommend? Is the basic 4 or 6 amp model sufficient for sheetmetal cutting/trimming and all around automotive use? And what mail order comanies do you know of that sells Sawzalls besides http://www.usahardware.com/ (so far the only place I've found)?

p.s has anyone used the RotoZip spiral saw available at Summit?

Thanks a ton,

Chris

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

If theres one thing I HATE, its buying a tool and having to replace it a few years later because it sucked. So now, no matter how broke I am, I always try to buy the best. I bought my second Sawzall a couple months ago at Sears. Milwaukee brand, 9.5 amp. I had to cut threw a bunch of grade 8 bolts to get my lift on and that Sawzall helped a ton. No matter how hard I leaned on it, the motor NEVER slowed down. Well worth the $169.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I have a Porter Cable Tiger Saw, and I love it. It has the quick change blade holder, and an oscillating action that is awesome for cutting wood. It is one of the most used tools that I own. I use it constantly for cutting off old exhaust systems, etc. while working on the trucks. No home should be without one!

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have an Industrial Craftsmen model, I love it! And also, my brother has a Milwaukee model and it is nice also!

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

I know the Rescue Squad and city fire dept. here both use the Milwuakee brand for vehicle rescue(cutting off roofs etc.) and swear by them...battery powered and AC units.

6. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

Milwaukee all day long. My friend's got one that looks like it was built in the Civil War era [​IMG] and the d@mn thing cuts like crazy. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>~Rog (aka:BigBurban)</font color=blue>
    "I think I busted somethin'..."[​IMG]

7. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

cant beat milwaukee you cant stop them

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

8. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

<font color=purple> Well these guys are all correct those are all great brands. However I like buying from Harbor Tools & Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/ They sell a lot of brands from cheap to expensive even Milwauki(sp). THere hand tools (Pittsburgh) all have lifetime warrenties just like craftsman. Bottom line decide how you are going to use it how often etc, that should determine how good of one you buy. I have a cheap one from Harbor Freight, & it works great for my occasial uses</font color=purple>
    [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Rick
    86 K-5</font color=purple>

http://www.BigBadBowTie.ColoradoK5.com