Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sawzalls are $20 at Harbor, NOW I can trim fenders!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FreedomIsntFree, Sep 13, 2005.

1. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

Reference this thread http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148395

I bolted up my 37" TSL's last night. I've got a little trimming to do. But I think it's going to work fine with just the 4" kit. I did add an inch in the rear to fix the sag but it just evened it out.

So now I gotta buy some more discs for the grinder and get dirty. I'll throw up pics as soon as I get them! Cheers :grind: :k5: :saweet:

So after doing one corner, I realized it was silly to use the grinder so I coughed up 32 bucks and change for a sawzall and some blades. Hopefully the other three fenders will go much smoother. :hack: :k5:...need to fit those 37s

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You're doing it with a :grind:? Wow, you're brave!

If you were closer, sure ... but you are 1700 miles away from me, so it's a bit of a commute :haha:

Dammit, now you have me :thinking: about something bigger than my 35"s ... no, no, my 10-bolt would break... and I gotta try out the ARB in it BEFORE... :D

-- A

3. NOWPARTS

NOWPARTS Newbie

better buy more than one

I am on my 4th one not woth a darn! :mad:

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Checkers also has a 4 1/2" angle grinder for 10 bucks till the first :D

5. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

You know Ive bought a few tools from H.F. like impact wrench, sheer's.. that worked great. My buddy's bought power tools there with no problems... my paint gun I got there is crap. Pipe bender was cool too. Tho for a swaz-all I have a $350 commercial Dewalt. Has 2 battery packs that last for a while and an adapter to just go with the cord. Works like a Champ!! Like a hot knife through butta!! :haha:

6. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

Yeah if I had the choice I'd outfit my whole garage with Dewalt. But for the time being, gotta go with the cheap stuff. I do have a Dewalt 4 1/2" grinder though and it's a pretty sweet machine as far as grinders go!

7. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

Don't know why you'd get to #4 if they aren't worth a damn?

I've had my HF sawsall and grinder for about a year, and i beat the crap out of them and never even had to replace the brushes.

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I have their chop saw, grinders, 110V impact, pipe bender, and a few other items. The only tow I have really been disapointed with are their sawzall (broke on it's second use) and thier air-body saw (barely moves under its own power let alone when put against sheet).

9. Stratispho

Stratispho 1/2 ton status

only good thing about HF is that if you keep the reciept they'll give you a new one. since it's only a mile from my house if I burn something up I just take it back and start working on burning up the next one.

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Don't try to cut HardyPlank siding with one of those saws. As always, you get what you pay for.