Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Say It Ain't So!?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just because some execs talked about it over a drink does not mean that it A) will ever happen or B) anyone should consider it news.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I just read an article on that. After briefly addressing the possibility of a GM/Ford alliance the rest of the article is spent discussing the GM/Renault/Nissan alliance. The article gave the second alliance much more credibility than the first.

I think GM, Furd, and Dooodge need to form an alliance but not a merger and do something to slow the take over of foreign auto makers. Our politicians pockets are being lined by they Foreign guys so I doubt that will ever happen.

4. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

it's called progress. if it were'nt for the foreign auto makers we would still be driving cars and trucks that didnt last long.... remember the cars of the 70's that would only last about 50,000 miles or would break down or overheat after driving more than half throttle for more than 10 minutes... i think only good can come of the "alliance". why spend 30 million of your own money researching aerodynamics (or something) when you can split it with another company and get the same results and it only cost 15 million. and since you're so much against "foreign" auto makers, does that mean you're for american auto makers? if thats the case, it's "ford" not "furd" and "dodge" not "dooodge".... it's not "the big one, it's the big three" and if it were'nt for all three of them, our economy would have gone bankrupt years ago.... brand loyalty, or american loyalty? you choose!!

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You also need to mention the fact that the "foreign" cars are mostly made here now. This debate always surprises me.

6. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah, i forgot to add that, but was thinking it. good point!!

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ford is Gay.

8. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Get your panties out of a wad and relax a little. Poking a little fun at dodge and ford is something every true chevy fan has done and vice versa. You made much more of that than was necessary. In fact when I made the point I was saying they (the big 3) should do something to protect ALL of them. And yes I'm partial to domestic auto makers. I know some good things come out of competition but anyone can see that when our gov. makes it so foreign companies (auto maker or otherwise) can sell goods in our country and put US companies out of business it is NOT a good thing. How many electronics are made in the USA now??? This isn't rocket science.

9. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I remember those cars. In fact, I spend lots of money and time keepin one 76' Chevy running

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Man that would be terrible. Could You imagine if they shared parts.:rolleyes:
    Good god man get with the times dood. GM and Ford have been using the same parts for years. Holly carbs Bosch injectors Spicer drive train parts New Process trannys and t-case's ect ect..........

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

also for the most part its not really the big three anymore
    for all intents and purposes "dodge" (Daimler- Chrysler) is a foreign company now