Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Say you live in an apartment...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Apr 17, 2003.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

and one of the things is they have a fitness center. Well, out of all of the machines...one works. I've complained...the lady I just talked to has complained...I'm sure there's been others. Ever since I've lived here (more than 6 months) almost all of the machines have been broken. Is there anything I can do?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Find out who owns the building and write multiple letters. CC the management...

Just keep bitching, make sure to mention the fitness club was one of the reasons you chose to move there, and that the reason you pay as much as you do for rent is because of the facilities. The squeaky wheel get the grease...

Rene

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Probably not, unless you're paying for the use of the fitness room as part of your rent. If it's just there as a friendly, free service from the owner, then he/she really doesn't have to keep it up. Some nice letters expressing your concern might do it, but whether something gets done or not depends on what kind of a person the owner is.
    You could always just not excercise...that would solve the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Go talk to the manager with a header in your hand.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you are paying for it in your rent, they need to fix them, or knock off something in rent, because they are not living up their end of the deal. If it's free, then I have to then you are SOL, because they don't give a crap about that stuff then....

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Ask the manager if Your rent, only pay's for a roof over Your head, if he/she say's no that is'nt all it pay's for, ask "what about the wonderful machine's in the fitness center. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

get more people to complain basically or shell out some cash and go to a real gym.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just be thankfull that your apartment HAS a fitness center...

j (in da hood)

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Complaining to the managment about broken fitness machines, is like tring to hot-rod a Honda.
    No matter how "bad-assed" the machine is, It just doesn't compare to the clasic iron.

Join a gym