Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Saying farewell... so long to my accumulated JUNK

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 27, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's been building up since 2000 when I was 19 years old. It's time for it to be gone, and for the field to return to mostly nature instead of mostly parted out truck remains.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So long to you parts rigs... you gave me your motors, your axles, your lifts, your tires, your parts for the fleet for basically free. You were there when I needed the little things. But now it's time for you to be scrapped.

I love having a field full of stuff and parts... but I want the family place to not be where I have my wrecking yard. So this weekend, we'll be getting rid of most of it I hope.

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did your Home Owners Association get on your butt about your front yard Ha...Ha..Just joking with you!

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Wish I could come and help take some of it away for you...
    It's just too long a trip /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Dang, you werent joking when you said it looks like a wrecking yard!! I wish I had all that room!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

You arent junking any cherry beds are ya? Long bed? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That rust free stuff is worth its weight in gold!!!

Just those cabs alone would be worth a left nut to some people out here (including me)

6. mountainexplorer

Home owners association? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I don't think I could live anywhere where there was such an establishment.

We've owned this place since 1911, and have two neighbors (one of which is my brother... and my stuff is overflowing onto his field too).

The rest is trees and mountains. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now the place here in Spokane... lets just say I'm sure my neighbors here probably think I run a chop shop or something with all the rigs they see go through here on my trailer.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

At least you have a trailer to get rid of the crap. Mine just rots in the yard. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

And to think that my homeowner's association hasn't said anyting about the frame in the front yard or the engineless K30 in the backyard. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. mountainexplorer

cherry beds? hmmm... there used to be a few that were probably "fixable"... but I think from moving stuff around, those without rust in them now all have dents or vice versa.

9. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    That rust free stuff is worth its weight in gold!!!

Just those cabs alone would be worth a left nut to some people out here (including me)

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried giving away some of the usable rust free stuff before... but no one came and got it. So we just started flipping rigs and cabs upside down to get to various parts or to move them. Theres only one or two cabs worth anything up there.

I'm trying to give away bare frames too, and any parts off them like spring hangers and stuff. Not that there are any good parts left (I stripped and sold all the good stuff long ago).

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I wish you were closer and I had a trailer. I see a frame and cab that have truggy written all over it. I was close to having one here and couldn't get a trailer in time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

Hey you got tome for me to come up this weekend and checkout anything? maybe talk some trucks =P

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Well now is a good time to do it anyway....The price of scrap is way up....

Are the Barn Doors any good, from the Burb in the pic????

13. mountainexplorer

I'll be there from Friday evening through Sunday if you want to come up and scrounge for some little parts. Might have some of the guage stuff. Most of it is '73-'80... not a whole lot '81 and up though.

We'll be trying to clean up and also getting ready for the mud races that are coming up real soon.

Here are the directions:
    http://www.mountainexplorers.50megs.com/whats_new.html

14. mountainexplorer

Sorry... the barn doors on that brownish Sunurban are trash. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mountain,
    You're a cool guy and have some pretty sweet rigs but man....no offence but it's definantly time to get rid of some of that stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif You have a wrecking yard going on. Geeze, if I had that much stuff at my ranch the damn zoning inforcement officer would be all over my ass. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Screw the zoning homos. I've seen 1 acre plots around town worse than that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif A man has a right to have all the shizat he wants laying around his yard if he owns it. I guess that's why I could never live in a subdivision.

17. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

why do I have a sneaking suspicion that some of your junk is going to end up at my place....KENNY!!!!!!!!!! where are you getting that frame slice from?
    just think... you will live on through your kindness to others!!!!!!

18. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

nice, /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Yes I've got you covered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you think of anything else you need let me know. I plan on heading up there this weekend to help lighten the load for Allan /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Ill measure up my v3500 frame unless you know theres a dually/one ton frame ready for surgery...
    "its Alive,,, monster mash"
    .... now... if you could only scare up the primary drive shaft ( tranny side)and the crossmember and idler shaft? and center and rear crossmember from a crewcab..... that would make my frame stretch easy
    cam
    ps ... Allan.. sure you dont want some of my "treasure" at your palace....!!!! thanks beforehand for any doantions you are making to my v3500 worktruck stretch project....