Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sbc 400 built bottom end

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by sweetk30, Jul 29, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have a used 400 sbc with a built to the hill bottom end. balenced/blueprinted/polished/debured/knife edged crank/smothed and balenced rods. 2 bolt main with 30 over pistions. motor ran super strong when i got it. pushed my 6500lb 1ton all over the country side. ran 210 all the time on the stock gauge in dash. never went abouve till i spun the water pump belt off and over heated it .

bad: needs crank and rod work. played just a bit to hard one day and just started to smoosh #1 rod bearing in cap. NO IT DIDNT SPIN!!! it just started to press out the sides by a 1000th or so.

and from motor being apart in back of garage needs cylinders honed . slight surface rust. and i noticed 2 diffrent styles of pistions but super close to the same all around.

heads are all remaned 76cc heads.

i was told if i wanted to make her run to swap on a set of 64cc heads and the motor would sing.

make me a offer and come and get it for the right price. pm me please thanks.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

ttt needs to go now!!!!

3. bigred81

bigred81 1/2 ton status

If you were only close to texas.

bigred81