Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SBC 400 in a 87 K5 dipstick question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cactusmike, Oct 31, 2002.

1. cactusmike

cactusmike Newbie

What can I do to have functional dip stick with the stock exhaust manifolds made for a passenger side dipstick block and a driver side 400sbc dipstick engine? I am considering adding a tube to the oil pan. The motor is not installed yet, but it looks to me, that a driver side stick will not fit. Will a flexible stick setup from Lokar work? Any suggestions, ideas or school of hard knocks experience will be appreciated.

Mike

2. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

how about a different oil pan??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had a 400 in my '82 with the stock manifolds and the oil stick was not a problem.

4. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

Well what you can do is go to a parts house in your area and buy a dipstick. They are at an angle andcan be installed at any angle you prefer. A flexible one should work also but try with a cheaper dipstick first instead of spending more money on something that does the same thing. Hope this helps not sure. You might alsotry to get a set of manifolds from a junkyard for a drivers side 400. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif