Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scanned a bunch o' magazine articles, fun for everyone

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Mar 27, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Scanned a bunch o\' magazine articles, fun for everyone

I finally started digging into the backlog of crap I have to scan for the Brochures page. On the left side there's a link for "Suburban etc", which is where the new stuff went. It's mostly /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gifs; the newer trucks tend to be mall-roader show stuff, but there are some interesting bits. There's a nice 80's C2500 Burb done up as a 4WD with a Dana 60, and a clean '72 K20 pickup. Little bit of everything in that pile, apparently.

I've got some other brochures proper to go through, as well, but if y'all are bored, you can flip through all manner of truck there.

Oh, and after all of that flap over cable modem service, I found a cheap hosting outfit (more space for less $$ /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif) so the pages are now available 24x7, on a real Internet server and everything. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

-- A

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Re: Scanned a bunch o\' magazine articles, fun for everyone

SWEET /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Aaron, one of these days I plan to go through my Reader's Digest collection (approx. 200 issues from 1953-1998 and growing) and look for K5 and Suburban ads. I'm not sure if any exist, but it will be fun to try to find some! I will let you know if I find anything of interest. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Yeah, those are always a hoot -- the ads from 1973 saying 'Power steering so even the little woman can drive' /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif and 'A grocery-getter' -- and people say that SUV's started in the 90's. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif's have been doing it for three decades!

-- A