Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scanner questions??

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by laketex, Dec 28, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I want a fun one that can hit all the cell phone and cordless phone frequencies. Anyone have this setup and use it? haha

I have a friend with an older icom ham unit in his car and he can get cell phone calls...it's pretty good entertainment from time to time.

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

peepin tom lol i wanna know to!

[​IMG]

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've heard the Radio Shack Pro line are good...and you can get an analog cellular mod, whatever that is. Anyone shed some light? The Pro 91 is supposed to go up to 900MHz which is where most cordless phones are set at.

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

4. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I have the uniden bearcat with 900 mhz. It seems to pick up just about anything including cell phones, cordless and cb radios. I bought it at best buy about 2 years ago for about two hundred bucks.

5. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I have a Realistic Patrolman model PRO-2026. They made 3 models of this one. The first 2 were strictly 12 volt systems that have a diode that you can snip to get cell phones. The third could be either AC or DC but it lost the easy conversion for cell phones. Its a 100 channel (5 banks of 20 channels) that has a search function for the most common police, fire, air, marine, and weather frequencies. It works REAL well. I found mine on one of the news groups for $125. You might look there or on Ebay (every one of these that I found on Ebay was $300+). I had it in my 4-NOT A-Runner for a while. As soon as I come up with an overhead console its going in my Blazer.

<font color=blue> Duct tape the small stuff down. </font color=blue>
    Scot in K.C.